Little bit disappointed in Garrett today!!!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to send off the AT Pro for the same trouble everyone has had with it. I've contacted Garrett by phone and emails besides instructions when I sent it in to either call me or send me an email when it was done with the tracking number so I could tell when stupid UPS was going to deliver. Since I've had to take legal action against UPS twice for non delivery I was concerned they would deliver it to the wrong house again but their records showed they delivered it to me. However it wasn't my signature on either record.

Anyway UPS was by the house when I wasn't here so I got the lil sticker on the door. I just hope they get the right house two days in a row. UPS keeps changing drivers so My regular driver knows me because I give him a can of beer when he delivers.

Hopefully the AT PRO will work too............

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Good Luck Sandman. But the good news is, based on your profile under your avetar, you have plenty of spare machines to choose from ..... while you wait! :-*

zincmaster

Mar 8, 2011
col. ohio
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter quick draw 2 and at pro
gl with the at, i am sending mine back today , i was really po'd and upset that my at pro was not up to par but the people at garrett were great help and siad they would either have mine back or a new one within 1 week of the getting it...
now the place i bought the detector were a bunch of jerks, and i will never order from them again their name starts with a K and ends in O . and the free pinpointer was a big joke, so i went to arbor freight bought theirs for $15 and im happy, i just hope im happy when i get my at pro back................but atleast i still have my bounty hunter .... hh and i hope your detector .is right when you get it back,

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When I sent mine in it took a few weeks round trip. I called to check on it and got the ups tracking #. It came back working ok. Sandman,Based on your profile under your avatar, my guess is,
after some trips out with the AT Pro, it will just sit on the shelf. It's an ok detector.
IMO, Ya have some detectors listed that will out hunt it........

:coffee2:

ultraflight77

Dec 24, 2010
South bend,Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Tesoro Compadre
Sent mine back a month ago,they replaced my coil and it is operating smoothly now.I hope your happy with yours when you get it. Keep us posted :icon_thumleft:

outdoors

Jun 23, 2008
el cajon, california
Detector(s) used
GTI2500, GTAX550, MINELAB EXPLORER SE PRO,
PROPOINTER, GARRETT AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
seems like there has been alot of problems with the AT pro detector threw out all the other forums besides this
forum about the AT pro whats up with this new detector thats suppose to be the big break of all detectors from Garrett :dontknow:

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I will get one, the bugs should be worked out by now and if they ain't I can just walk down
the street and have them fix it :laughing7:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeep said:
I think I will get one, the bugs should be worked out by now and if they ain't I can just walk down
LUCKY

OP
OP
Sandman

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
extractor said:
When I sent mine in it took a few weeks round trip. I called to check on it and got the ups tracking #. It came back working ok. Sandman,Based on your profile under your avatar, my guess is,
after some trips out with the AT Pro, it will just sit on the shelf. It's an ok detector.
IMO, Ya have some detectors listed that will out hunt it........

:coffee2:

You are right about me having lots of detectors waiting for a trip outside. I am not hurting for something to use. I get questions about many detectors and I needed to have answers from experience of using them. I love my Excal, CZ-20 and Tiger Shark for the water and use to own a AT 4 and can't remember what happened to it. I need a good detector for cleaning the beaches of metal for the county and a PI out of the question because no other detector can work near them.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let us know how they are when you get them back. All the reports i hear are great! The AT really is a good machine!!!

mts

Bronze Member
May 18, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Pulsedive, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Silver µMax, BH Tracker IV, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeep said:

I've got to say that I wouldn't buy this machine until they come out with the next model. I was considering it but based on the feedback here I think it is way too soon. They have an obvious problem that many people are experiencing. It is insane that they expect you to pay shipping to have a known problem like this fixed. They should do the right thing and pick up the shipping charge if they know that the problem you are having is this common issue. In essence, the problem has reached a point where a most companies would do a recall. And although they claim that it was only with the earlier serial numbers, that does not appear to be the case. So although I don't expect them to issue a true recall, they should at least acknowledge that there is an issue with the detector in general and pick up the shipping charges to have it fixed.

I love my Garrett ProPointer, but you couldn't pay me enough money to take a chance on the AT Pro right now. I'll hold onto my money and check back with them on the next iteration of this product.

elemerica

Jan 26, 2010
Bellingham, MA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mine was delivered today. Sent it back to Garrett, it was with them for four days and then on it's way back to me. Hopefully I'll be able to try it out tomorrow, should be nice and sunny out :D

elemerica

Jan 26, 2010
Bellingham, MA
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
elemerica said:
Mine was delivered today. Sent it back to Garrett, it was with them for four days and then on it's way back to me. Hopefully I'll be able to try it out tomorrow, should be nice and sunny out :D

Got it when I got home and ran it in the yard real quick; it's like a different machine. Doesn't false if I tap into something anymore, pin pointing seems to be much better and unless I'm flailing it around like crazy it barely makes a peep.

According to the sheet that was included, they repaired something (not clear what, just says "REPAIR") and they also shipped a brand new coil with it. They also threw in a neat little digging trowel :hello2:

Way to go Garrett - awesome service and the detector feels right now!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions