ATTENTION AT PRO USERS - PLEASE READ - REGARDING UPGRADE INFORMATION

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
ATTENTION AT PRO USERS - PLEASE READ - REGARDING UPGRADE INFORMATION

Beginning July 1, AT Pro metal detectors being manufactured by Garrett will feature an upgraded stem configuration. In response to customer requests, a new upper stem configuration moves the AT Pro’s armrest farther back on the user’s forearm and also includes a new middle stem with camlock fasteners, adding extra stability to the detector during use.

Garrett AT Pro Optional Upgrade / New Warranty Package:
This program is for AT Pro customers who ship their detector back to the Garrett factory in Garland, Texas. The modifications made to these detectors will be at a fixed price to anyone who ships them in (no dealer discounts apply).

• New upper stem with extended armrest will be added.
• New middle stem with camlock fasteners will be added.
• All AT Pro components (searchcoil, electronics, fasteners, etc.) will be inspected and, if
necessary, repaired or replaced.
• Revised AT Pro detector is shipped from Garrett back to the U.S. customer’s address at
Garrett’s expense. (Customer pays for original shipment to Garrett. International
customers should contact Garrett Customer Service for shipping options.)
• New 2-year warranty included. Once this preventative maintenance / upgrade work
is completed, the customer’s AT Pro will include a new 2-year warranty, effective from
the date the unit is shipped back to the customer. (The new 2-year warranty replaces any
existing Garrett warranty.)
• This AT Pro Optional Upgrade / New Warranty Program is available for any AT Pro
received at Garrett’s Garland factory before December 31, 2011.

The value of the above service check, preventative maintenance work, replacement parts, and extended warranty period is $79.95. This cost, however, will be offered to all existing domestic AT Pro detector owners for a $39.95 special price. Therefore, no dealer discounts will be applicable for this optional
upgrade. Customers can pay with check or money order accompanying their detector or via a credit card upon receipt of the detector at Garrett.

Attachments

• Image3.jpg
    Image3.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 1,066

OmgFathead

Jul 19, 2010
Cantonment, FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Garrett AT pro, Garrett Ace 250
Re: ATTENTION AT PRO USERS - PLEASE READ - REGARDING UPGRADE INFORMATION

Very Nice! I will be sending mine in tomorrow.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thats great! Thanks for the info.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max

Gave this info to a friend of mine who has the pro he is going to send his in right away Thanks for the info

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Not intending this to sound like the thread "gripe"....

.... I just wish that the one I bought 3 or 4 months ago had these much needed improvements. :BangHead:

I already shelled out $$ for after-market cam locks.... Im not sure what all they are inspecting, tweaking or replacing in the way of case or electronics modifications to make it worth my while.... I certainly would like to hear those opinions about what gets sent back.

I parted with my $600 already... another $40 to shore up shaft issues? :dontknow:

Would rather they send me the parts for $15 shipped, LOL.

OK.... rant off.

ATPRoDon

Nov 26, 2007
Griffin, GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI, Whites V3i, Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I couldn't find anything on the Garrett Website promoting this???

AtProDon

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

ATPRoDon said:
I couldn't find anything on the Garrett Website promoting this???

AtProDon

There is nothing on the website about this at the moment.....

John

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

39.95 and pay shipping back to fix their shoddy engineering!! I have one that the coil falsed and had to send it back.. And for paying the shipping back I received a worthless screwdriver!! Garrett should replace or buy back ALL machines before their "upgrade".. Not that impressed with it, just a average detector.. Also if you try to resell it, you'd be lucky you might get 1/2 what you paid for it with all the problems!! So throw more money at it to fix all the design flaws!!! Last Garrett will ever purchase!! TERRIBLE PRODUCT!!!!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other

cosmic said:
39.95 and pay shipping back to fix their shoddy engineering!! I have one that the coil falsed and had to send it back.. And for paying the shipping back I received a worthless screwdriver!! Garrett should replace or buy back ALL machines before their "upgrade".. Not that impressed with it, just a average detector.. Also if you try to resell it, you'd be lucky you might get 1/2 what you paid for it with all the problems!! So throw more money at it to fix all the design flaws!!! Last Garrett will ever purchase!! TERRIBLE PRODUCT!!!!
I really hate to say this about Garrett.......... But i have to agree with you.................

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Ace 250, and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I just sent my AT Pro back for a 2nd time today. I really wish the person I spoke with at garrett about my detector issues would have mentioned this upgrade. I sent mine back about a month ago because it leaked and this time because the pin point option completely failed. It has a low hum and never goes any higher when it gets closer to its target. The disply blocks does not move either. I really enjoy this detector, but wish it was built as tough as my ace 250 is. When you send in for repair, does the 2 year warranty start over? With all the problems and lost deteciting time with it, I sure hope it does. :-\ Does this upgrade effect any of the performance? Thanks for any info. :-\

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Keppy said:
cosmic said:
I really hate to say this about Garrett.......... But i have to agree with you.................

$39.95 for the upgrades and to restart the warranty is a OK price IMO. But,, I have to agree you might get 1/2 what you paid for it with all the problems the ATP has had to date.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mine leaked yesterday. It powered off while waterhunting and I see water behind the faceplate. If they don't change something it will just leak again after they fix it. I believe they need a recall. A real shame because I love this detector and have found 13 gold items in 4 months. :(

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

extractor said:
Keppy said:
cosmic said:

$39.95 for the upgrades and to restart the warranty is a OK price IMO. But,, I have to agree you might get 1/2 what you paid for it with all the problems the ATP has had to date.
Well i sent mine in for the upgrade........... But like you said all the problems they have been haveing.................. The used ones are selling cheap.............. If i want to sell mine i know i will lose big........ People just do not trust the AT Pro yet............

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

You know, I watched the excitement (maybe "hype" isn't too strong a word) relating to the AT Pro prior to and just after its release.

I know Garrett sold a ton of these machines right off the bat. But I think we also know that the first generation of any detector can be riddled with problems, especially when it seems to come straight from the drawing board like the AT Pro did.

I think that's what we're seeing here: the first generation problems that are leading to a world of headaches for everyone. Personally, I don't think the first generation of owners ought to be paying $40 to fix the problems, but in the real world of business, I guess that's just the way it is. I only hope Garrett isn't going to end up with a PR disaster on its hands over this.

Maybe the lesson for all of us in this is to be careful when buying the first generation of any detector. Maybe the AT Pro 2.0 is the one to buy. :dontknow:

Sorry if I come across as preachy. Don't mean to. I just know how mad I'd be if I plunked down $600 for a detector that required multiple returns for multiple problems.

And I know there are those folks have one and absolutely love it. Not a problem in the world.

Garrett's a good company and they've got a really loyal fan base. I hate to see this happening.

Hope this gets worked out soon for everyone's sake.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Smudge said:
You know, I watched the excitement (maybe "hype" isn't too strong a word) relating to the AT Pro prior to and just after its release.

I know Garrett sold a ton of these machines right off the bat. But I think we also know that the first generation of any detector can be riddled with problems, especially when it seems to come straight from the drawing board like the AT Pro did.

I think that's what we're seeing here: the first generation problems that are leading to a world of headaches for everyone. Personally, I don't think the first generation of owners ought to be paying $40 to fix the problems, but in the real world of business, I guess that's just the way it is. I only hope Garrett isn't going to end up with a PR disaster on its hands over this.

Maybe the lesson for all of us in this is to be careful when buying the first generation of any detector. Maybe the AT Pro 2.0 is the one to buy. :dontknow:

Sorry if I come across as preachy. Don't mean to. I just know how mad I'd be if I plunked down $600 for a detector that required multiple returns for multiple problems.

And I know there are those folks have one and absolutely love it. Not a problem in the world.

Garrett's a good company and they've got a really loyal fan base. I hate to see this happening.

I wanted to get one when they first came out, but I held off to see if there was going to be any problems. Once the falsing issues were fixed I jumped in and bought one, now Im caught up in the leaking issues. I love the AT pro, Garrett will get this right.

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Ace 250, and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Smudge said:

YES, GETTING EXTREMELY AGITATED WITH THE AT PRO!

$600.00 FOR DETECTOR
$100.00 SUBMERGIBLE HEADPHONES
$18.00 SHIPPING + INSURANCE TO SEND BACK TO TEXAS DUE TO LEAK PROBLEM.
2 WEEKS WITHOUT DETECTOR.
ANOTHER $18.00 SHIPPING + INSURANCE FOR FAULTY PIN POINT FUNCTION.
WAITING RETURN.........
Wishing I would have saved a lil more for an e-cal.
Sorry to whine...... :-\

I think if you have to return the product due to a defect, the units warranty should reset upon arrival of the new or repaired detector. I am extremely worried that the same problems are going to return time after time and the warranty is just going to expire. agggh. :-\

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other

xmarks73 said:
Smudge said:

YES, GETTING EXTREMELY AGITATED WITH THE AT PRO!

$600.00 FOR DETECTOR
$100.00 SUBMERGIBLE HEADPHONES
$18.00 SHIPPING + INSURANCE TO SEND BACK TO TEXAS DUE TO LEAK PROBLEM.
2 WEEKS WITHOUT DETECTOR.
ANOTHER $18.00 SHIPPING + INSURANCE FOR FAULTY PIN POINT FUNCTION.
WAITING RETURN.........
Wishing I would have saved a lil more for an e-cal.
Sorry to whine...... :-\

I think if you have to return the product due to a defect, the units warranty should reset upon arrival of the new or repaired detector. I am extremely worried that the same problems are going to return time after time and the warranty is just going to expire. agggh. :-\
That is what i am worred about just one problem after another it never ends......

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JohnEdmonton have you heard anything about what Garrett is doing to fix the leaking issue with the AT pro?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

My AT pro is on the way to Garrett, the technician guaranteed me it would not leak again. That's what I wanted to hear. I also sent the money for upgrade package.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread