Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have had my atp for 3-4 weeks now and i am wondering if anywone else has had or heard of this problem. when i first tried it out it was hot outside-mid 80's high humidity, it seemed it would ding as i shook it side to side. i chalked it up to inexperience, but a pattern has developed. when it is pretty hot outside it falses in any mode when shook or slight twisting after use in hot weather. i have never left it in a hot car to cook. when i bring it in the air conditioned house i cannot get it to duplicate problem so far, seems fine. any ideas before i contact garretts?

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may be picking up interference, take it to a different area. Tape your coil wire at several places up the shaft. The ATpro is real sensitive to loose coil wires. I don't think it has anything to do with the heat. You also have 4 different frequencies you can try.

OP
OP
marinedad

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lookindown said:
You may be picking up interference, take it to a different area. Tape your coil wire at several places up the shaft. The ATpro is real sensitive to loose coil wires. I don't think it has anything to do with the heat. You also have 4 different frequencies you can try.
i have velcro around the wires, tested at parks miles apart, connection is tight. i will try different frequency today.

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I had the same problem in the beginning Mark and did what lookindown said with the different frequency.

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Forgot to add the iron audio button..If there's a lot of iron in the soil switch off the button and you should be good to go.

OP
OP
marinedad

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i understand what you guys are saying but it shouldn't do that when i point it to the sky.

rob.s

May 31, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
True Mark and sorry to hear that..I'm having some problems with my at pro and can't get my pinpoint to function properly..Every time I push the pin point button it makes a low tone..

OP
OP
marinedad

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok, i took atp out of air cond. truck, auto gb swinging away, stopped to dig, tried to duplicate falsing by slightly twisting detector. tried in all modes and freq. all good. 20 min. later in full sun it started up again, ran thru all modes and freq. falsing again. seemed if i wiggled the wire at the coil it would false. detected in the shade for 30 min. all good again. no falsing, driving me crazy.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't think it was the heat, but it has to be. Give Garrett a call and tell them what its doing. Sounds like your going to have to send it in.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
marinedad said:
i have had my atp for 3-4 weeks now and i am wondering if anywone else has had or heard of this problem. when i first tried it out it was hot outside-mid 80's high humidity, it seemed it would ding as i shook it side to side. i chalked it up to inexperience, but a pattern has developed. when it is pretty hot outside it falses in any mode when shook or slight twisting after use in hot weather. i have never left it in a hot car to cook. when i bring it in the air conditioned house i cannot get it to duplicate problem so far, seems fine. any ideas before i contact garretts?

There is no such thing as a new atpro owner without possible issues. Your issues are serious. Send that lil rascal back and get a fresh one.

OP
OP
marinedad

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
talked to garrett yesterday, very nice, they want me to send it to them. it's on it's way.

yellerstang

Jul 2, 2011
Northumberland County, PA.
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lookindown said:

Good advice, I agree with your post. Either tape the wires or gently wrap them about the length of the shaft. It will help with falsing.

xmarks73

Jan 1, 2011
S.E Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Ace 250, and AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rob.s said:
True Mark and sorry to hear that..I'm having some problems with my at pro and can't get my pinpoint to function properly..Every time I push the pin point button it makes a low tone..
I just sent mine back for this issue. Low hum and the display blocks do not move when it comes close to metal either. Now I hear about upgrades that you can pay for. Getting a bad taste in my mouth over my ATP. :-\

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread