Comparison between etrac and gti 2500

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Etrac outclasses it by far. If money is an issue you won't be dissapointed with the 2500 it does work great and is very easy to use and understand. The Etrac takes alot more time to learn, but will still satisfy out of the box.

It really depends on how you hunt. If you hunt in a iron trash site, of the two you mentioned go with the Etrac.
If you utilize the screen more than sound, the 2500 is much easier to read and understand right away.
I loved both, I recently "downgraded" to a Gold Bug DP, but when I can afford a top machine again I will be purchasing the Etrac.

Hope that helps, it was kind of general if you have specific questions I might be able to help.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
The GTI 2500 has a unique imaging feature, which when learned properly will size the coin sized objects for you, saving a lot of time not digging junk. It also has a true all metal mode, with ground balancing capabilities. It's made in the USA, serviced in the USA and built by a company with excellent customer service. :coffee2:

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I cannot disagree with John if you are talking service, there is no comparison.

Smudge

Bronze Member
Jul 9, 2010
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
A Propointer tied to a stick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, the Minelabs are quite the rage among detectorists, especially the high end detectors. And their reputation is well deserved.

But if it ever needs servicing, you will almost certainly wish you had a Garrett.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
That is true the garrett service is great......... Minelab service not so great............ But i really do like the imaging feature on my Garrett GTI...................

sandtrout

Jan 27, 2010
The Etrac is probably a great machine but I use my stuff just about everyday so SERVICE is a strong consideration in my purchases. My Vaquero comes with a lifetime guarantee but if the company folds, so does the guarantee. My ACE 250 has a 2 year warranty and I've had it 1yr and 6 months with over 1000 hours on it and it still works great but.....just a matter of time until it wears out and YES....I would get another!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions