Hey It Feels Good To Be Back Home Again NOT!

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
snowsucks_zps28bce459.jpg

Got back from mexico late last night. The flight was delayed because of another stow storm in Edmonton, which closed down our international airport. Don't get me wrong....the holiday was fantastic! I got burned to a crisp, the water was great, the food was great.Both my wife and I were ready to phone home to tell our kids that the house in Edmonton was their's.....we are staying/starting a new life in Mexico. :love3:

nativesfoof_zpsf3f30ae8.jpg

The natives were friendly and the food was excellent! (That was my wifey taking the photo........)

coins-3_zps6467ca23.jpg

Here are the coins I dug.....about 6 hours worth of hunts. I only brought down the AT Pro with the 9" x 12" concentric coil. It worked well in the dry sand, had to be reground balanced in the wet sand and would not work in the constant churning of the wave activity in the water. If I head back next year, I am bringing the Infinium along also to hunt the water.

dtag_zps23d36107.jpg

Although I did not get any rings, I did get this tiny heart with glass stones and a dog tag from Toronto. It was a great week, too short as are all holidays and I am waiting for our final melt which should open up most green areas and start to open up some water hunting spots.

map.jpg

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I can pick out the tourist in that photo. Looks like you had a great trip and you got in a little MDing too, not too shabby.
Funny you found a tag from Ont. in Mexico.
ZDD

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I think I can pick out the tourist in that photo. Looks like you had a great trip and you got in a little MDing too, not too shabby.
Funny you found a tag from Ont. in Mexico.
ZDD

I just found out that the tag was not a dog tag, but a crematoria tag...... :(

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I feel the same every time we leave Florida to come home to Maine! I hate Maine, the cold and the snow!!!!!!!!!!!!!Er!!!!
Glad you had a great time though!

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife and I went to Cancun on our honeymoon back in '89 I would love to go again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions