New to MD

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Daryn, I am not familiar with the 350 so I don't know what the modes are called but I would suggest using the all metal mode and LISTEN to the sounds and learn them. Work your yard if you have one and burn some batteries to the point you are comfortable with it and you are continuously digging up good stuff not junk. Once you are sure of what you are hearing move on to bigger and better things. Once you get that first big find you will be sucked in for good. When I am detecting I always say I am done and when I get up to leave it's ah let me dig one more hole. LOL! Enjoy and good hunting.

EdCT

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2013
Hi daryn, I'm in the same boat as you.. my AT gold should arrive this week. I'm also new and from CT. What part are you from.

For locations, do some research of your area. Schools, old drive-ins, parks, swimming holes, maybe an old fair ground.. Lots of history in CT, I'm looking forward to uncovering it, hopefully with a nice Connecticut copper.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...waiting for my ACE 350...
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
While ya waiting - take a look at Garrett ACE 350 metal detector online training videos......

...AT gold...
metal_detector_vpnavy.gif
While ya waiting - take a look at Garrett AT Pro metal detector online training videos......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread