Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was only able to hunt for about 15-20 minutes this morning (Rain storm), but I just had to get a feel for my new toy!

My first impression is..I like it! I was using the standard coil that comes with the detector, and,while it is a little unbalanced, its not objectionably so. Pinpointing with the DD will take a little getting use to, but I'll work at it.

I dug out 3 clad Quarters and 4 junk pennies and a couple of bottle caps. I dug 2 or 3 bottle caps that I knew were caps, but two fooled me. I think for the most part, I am a happy camper with it.

I bought it because it is waterproof and close to the GTI 2500. It'll make a great boat MD.

The GTI 2500 does have a couple of advantages, one is it seems to work better in graveled parking lots, and the depth on the 2500 is more accurate (at least on my machines) than on my AT Pro.

Roy

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good thing about using a MD with a boat is you can search those private swim areas and beaches.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread