At Pro at the beach...struggles

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
So i was finally able to swing the pro at the beach for the first time yesterday. Wow, wet sand and water was just not happening. I tried GB'ing and lower sens but holy chattery. I know its not a multi freq or pulse but i expected a little more. Had trouble even gb'ing in the dry sand. I thought there might have been water between the coil and coil cover, idk. I'll continue to try as i'm here for another 6 days.

Any tips from other AT swingers?

Jay

knightsquad

Apr 5, 2013
East Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Soverign
Tesoro, Vaquero
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you Auto gb or do it manually?

I do mine manually, seems a little better...

Little chattery BUT if that coil goes over something
good you will surely know it, so no problem there!

Pete

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
After hunting for several weeks I just happened to check the head phone and coil adapter screw in's and found mine to be loose and had re-tightened them.....Also after a battery change you should do a Unit Reset by pressing and holding the power button for 5-10 seconds.....

OP
OP
Jay In NewKen

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I do both. Start with auto the manual. The water and wet sand was gb around 12-15. When i tried in the dry sand, it didnt move. Finally it moved to around 45 in the dry. Thats why i thought water may have been trapped between the coil cover.

The fact that i haven't seen any fellow md'ers make me think there should be some good targets available

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That happend to me good amount of chatter I took my coil cover off auto ground balanced it seemed to be getting better did a factory reset I was good to go beaches & sand I usually take the c cover off no sticks & rocks to do any damage try it may work worked for me

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good luck i dont know if anything you do will change the chatter the garret's make they do love to false each swing only thing you can do is listen for repeating targets throughout the chattering

OP
OP
Jay In NewKen

Jay In NewKen

Jun 24, 2012
New Kensington, Pa
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I snuck back onto the beach while my fiancee was taking a nap. LoL Did some setting tweaks and managed to quiet the chatter. Although not quiet, finding a bottle cap at 6" gave me the peace of mind that i could hear good tones through the noise.

The settings that worked: Freq at F1; sens at 2 bars below max. Gb at 11 in the wet and damp sand.

Managed to pull 6 coins (clad) about 10 pull tabs at depths about 6"

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I snuck back onto the beach while my fiancee was taking a nap. LoL Did some setting tweaks and managed to quiet the chatter. Although not quiet, finding a bottle cap at 6" gave me the peace of mind that i could hear good tones through the noise.

The settings that worked: Freq at F1; sens at 2 bars below max. Gb at 11 in the wet and damp sand.

Managed to pull 6 coins (clad) about 10 pull tabs at depths about 6"
Sounds like you got it "dialed in" now!:thumbsup: HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread