Found my first "coin spill" with the AT Pro

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 799657 I found my first coin spill today at a local school yard. The signal was kinda jumpy,but strong going from 60-71 on the VDI. I found the first penny,then ran the pro pointer around the hole,and got signals in a few different places,so I dug them out,and kept finding coin after coin. 2 Nickles,2 dimes,and 11 penny's all out of the same hole! :headbang: I also found 6 more pennys,and a rivet (I was hoping it was a button). I was running the ATP in Pro Zero mode. It seems like all I ever find is "clad coins"!:sadsmiley: I'm about to change my user name to "The Man from Clad"!:laughing7: Don't know what is going on with the pics.?

Last edited:

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
An old guy told me when I was young, if you want to catch big fish fish were there are big fish. Same as old coins. You need to change where you're searching. Old yards are one of the most productive places. Do you know anyone with an old house to ask or justgo doornockin.

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
An old guy told me when I was young, if you want to catch big fish fish were there are big fish. Same as old coins. You need to change where you're searching. Old yards are one of the most productive places. Do you know anyone with an old house to ask or justgo doornockin.
That's what I need to do! But I think most people around here wouldn't let you hunt their yards? Guess I'll never know,until I ask?

bush13st_beav3r

Apr 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in ur position...just hunted my yard dry, buy I've only lived here a few months, but I'm trying to build a good relationship w my neighbors always talking when they r outside, so I'm going to pop the question to one who has an older nice home....I already got permission to do a car wash, the guy owns two and lives q couple blocks away...after I clear the car washes I'm going to ask to do his house. It's old and nice too... But, Idk, I just have q hard time asking ppl bout their homes, I feel they all have seen the stupid shows where they bring n a backhoe... So...I think tomorrow I get the courage to ask on my immediate neighbors home..

HH and best of luck to you

OP
OP
rks1949

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found 2.02 in clad today at the local High School. Seen one farmer that has an old house on his property and asked to hunt it. He said "I'd rather not"! Oh well. 0 for one!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found 2.02 in clad today at the local High School. Seen one farmer that has an old house on his property and asked to hunt it. He said "I'd rather not"! Oh well. 0 for one!

Don't give up there's plenty more around the corner

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions