I got got the ACE 350

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks Kodiak but are you in coin mode and what is wide open? getting alot of strong signals but when you dig,nothing...run the 350 back across the hole and not a sound...had this piece of s@#% for a week and found 1 nail 1 pull tab i screw on coke top...my old whites is still ringing true...I screwed up on this model Garrett I guess...thanks Kodiak

I dought you screwed up, however I never had it by all the good reviews I've seen. Along with people finding an s load of great things on YouTube, just sounds like u need more time on getting to know the machine, hope ur luck turns around for ya

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks Kodiak but are you in coin mode and what is wide open? getting alot of strong signals but when you dig,nothing...run the 350 back across the hole and not a sound...had this piece of s@#% for a week and found 1 nail 1 pull tab i screw on coke top...my old whites is still ringing true...I screwed up on this model Garrett I guess...thanks Kodiak
sensitivity all the way up or one bar down from full.

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also use a pin pointer if you can. That double d sounds off on tiny targets. If it's really noisy you may have to drop sensitivity down a bit to for your soil type because there is no ground balance on the 350. Another thing to try is to run the coil wire up 10 to 12 inches and tape it there and wrap till you get to control box. You might be getting chatter from coil wire. The 350 is a great machine and only reason I upgraded to the pro was for ground balance, pro audio, iron audio and waterproof. If my wife didn't make me sell it after I got the pro I would still be using it. Good luck and get back with me on any more questions.

longcut

Oct 16, 2012
Misipy
Detector(s) used
X Terra 505 and Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
bluedodge ,,, u got some kinda problem ........... dimes at 4 inches are suppose to knock ur ears off ................... I usually hunt in jewelry mode , unless there is just tooooooooooo much trash ,,,, 3 notches of sensitivity on up to 4 notches ,,,,,,,,,,,,

bluelodge

Dec 29, 2013
arkansas
Detector(s) used
white pro 800 garrett 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah longcut,I do have a problem and it's a garrett 350!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the old white's I have goes along on these trips with the 350...it's still finding clads,silver,jewlery..having trouble pinpointing with this machine..tried it in a test plot and pretty much on but out in the real world,hell it might sound off with that pinpointer button,a three foot circle!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That dd coil might be picking up more tan one target try dropping sensitivity a bit.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Iron will trump anything else if I let it when pin pointing. At least once a hunt it will pull me from where I marked center to an angle a few inches away, marking it by eye where the good tone was before pinpointing and if pinpointing is not close then we have some sorting to do.. Pinpointing twice helps the most and staying near where good tone was/is even though its weaker. The multiple target thing happens alot also.Often there is a good one in with three or four others in one dirty park, need to be patient and not scratch the good one. Adding hand help pin pointer adds targets the 350 discrimmed out also. So, by tone first and focus on a couple inch area to pinpoint. It does like iron, mine wants it to be priority.
Scrubbing coil on ground with a side approach works for some, I drop on it and use a cross pattern for best strength of signal but if coil wants me to slide it more than a couple inches and tone starts to grow if its slid more I,m off original target and heading into usually,iron.
So the coil is pulled off and a redo starts, staying on first target.:cross:

Last edited:

berniemak

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am only into metal detecting for about 4 months and I started out with a Garrett ace 350 and am enjoying it. Good machine to start out with. Easy to learn and make the necessary adjustments. Overall, great!!

Hookedondetecting

Jul 18, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro COMPADRE and Mohave
ORX and Deus II
Fisher F 75 LTD "2"
Minelab 600
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Makro Multi Kruzer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Iron will trump anything else if I let it when pin pointing. At least once a hunt it will pull me from where I marked center to an angle a few inches away, marking it by eye where the good tone was before pinpointing and if pinpointing is not close then we have some sorting to do.. Pinpointing twice helps the most and staying near where good tone was/is even though its weaker. The multiple target thing happens alot also.Often there is a good one in with three or four others in one dirty park, need to be patient and not scratch the good one. Adding hand help pin pointer adds targets the 350 discrimmed out also. So, by tone first and focus on a couple inch area to pinpoint. It does like iron, mine wants it to be priority.
Scrubbing coil on ground with a side approach works for some, I drop on it and use a cross pattern for best strength of signal but if coil wants me to slide it more than a couple inches and tone starts to grow if its slid more I,m off original target and heading into usually,iron.
So the coil is pulled off and a redo starts, staying on first target.:cross:

I got myself a bag of Golf Tees and plan to use them to Mark the spot.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions