need pinpointer advice

LifeNRA

Apr 21, 2013
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 350, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, the pinpointer option on the 250 only gets you in the general area. I thought the same once I got my 350. Wrong, it took me 10-20 minutes to find my target! With the ProPointer it gets you within inches to help you locate and recover that target faster!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
agreed although alot of machines have a pinpoint feature the handhelds are the way to go they will help alot when ur pug is dug in serching for that small earing back bb etc, as well as helping in not scraping up a coin u can simply use the pinpointer and locate it alot faster. guarranteed ur dig time will be cut in half, my pinpointer of choice is the garret propointer i got 2 of them and there awesome also have a sunray probe although its a pinpointer i consider it my mini detector, minelab also makes a really nice pinpointer profind 25 bart from bigboy hobbies give him a call or email he will give u a great deal and ship it very quickley good luck

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Definitely, there were more things in my pile of dirt that I would never have found without it.

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes, the pinpointer option on the 250 only gets you in the general area. I thought the same once I got my 350. Wrong, it took me 10-20 minutes to find my target! With the ProPointer it gets you within inches to help you locate and recover that target faster!

This^^

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes 100 percent .. It will change your time from 20 mins or maybe even giving up down to 1 to 3 mins finding your target with a handheld.

OP
OP
P

Patrick14

Jul 4, 2012
Richmond Va.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
O.k. a few hours later now, after spending some time with my new detector today I found out exactly what everyone is saying. I can get pretty close to the target but it doesn't put you exactly on the target. I'm gonna start pinpointer shopping now!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.k. a few hours later now, after spending some time with my new detector today I found out exactly what everyone is saying. I can get pretty close to the target but it doesn't put you exactly on the target. I'm gonna start pinpointer shopping now!

From experience on some I have a automax v2,works but its the size of a detector, got a sunray probe real nice but still ur limited cuz it hooks to ur metal detector & stays there,my main ones I got 2,garret propointers & they r my opinion the best u get a led light,vibrates,& its tones intensifies as u get closer to the target,& they r built very strong I'm real rough with it really rough & it takes it like a champ. I got 2,just in case I break it & have to send it in I don't wanna b without one & the wife was eyeballing mine,she was using the automax, minelabe also from what I here makes a good one I definitely want to try one or buy one lol

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Another way to get by until you get a pro pointer is to run the coil over the plug,and hole. If it's in the plug just take a hand full of dirt,from the plug and wave it over the top side of the coil. If your target is in the handful of dirt,you will hear a signal and have almost found it. Then gently move the dirt around in the palm of your hand until you find your target/coin. If it's still in the hole,dig more dirt out of the hole,and place it in a pile (on a cloth)run the coil back over the hole,and pile of dirt. If you get a signal form the pile of dirt,start grabbing hands full of dirt,and passingit over the coil. Using a propointer is much faster,but this method will get you by until you have one!:thumbsup:

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Once you use a handheld pinpointer, you will always need one. I cannot imagine hunting without one, that why I have several of them. If one breaks, I'm still 'good to go'.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you use a handheld pinpointer, you will always need one. I cannot imagine hunting without one, that why I have several of them. If one breaks, I'm still 'good to go'.

Hahaha that's funny I got 4, always good to b prepared. Expect the unexpected

Sandman23

Dec 18, 2012
Tampa, FL.
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter SS II. looking to upgrade soon.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are there any WATERPROOF handheld pin pointers out there and if so, which one works best? thanks.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Isn't the vibraprobe water proof

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread