ATPro II - where are you?

TheOldMan

Nov 26, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I like using the ATPro very much - found many thousands of coins and other goodies for the past two years. However there is always a need for improvement. I would like to see Garrett release a new improved ATPro - a ATPro II with these features 1. Get rid of the standard modes that are comparable to the Ace series - have only the Pro modes as this the ATPro afterall. 2. Provide a wider detector stand so that it doesn't tip over while recovering a find. 3. Increase the control box by at least a inch each direction providing for a slightly larger digital readout display and to provide a extra half inch or so on each connector side for us fat finger users to screw in the connectors. 4. A backlight would be nice and a control box cover extending out from the display to help block the glare of the sun. 5. Provide the 5" x 8" coil as a standard feature. 6. Prehaps a muti frequency system to obtain better depth. If anyone else has any suggestions give them a shout out.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like someone should email garret, I still have mine & it gets used regularly I just needed more options out in the feild so went with what's in my profile

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see a beer spigot. A deeper depth rating would be nice as pressure at 10 foot is exceeded by a wave.

rks1949

May 13, 2013
Lawrenceville,Il.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett AT Max, Nokta Simplex +, Nokta Legend ,Garrett Pro Pointer , Fisher F Point, Garrett Digging Tool, Gator Razor, Digging Tool, Sampson Digger, Get the Track Hoe! It's a deep one! :)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
1) Easier plug access

2) Backlit Display

3) 5x8 coil as standard

4) Better quality cam locks

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now thats what I'm talking about! Great idea Sandman!! Possibly with waterproof tubing to ingest the beer while underwater!! AMERICA!! VERDE!!

gwhamil

May 27, 2013
How about imaging? I would like to see them incorporate imaging technology like on the 1500 and 2500.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ivanll

Jul 5, 2008
TNQ
Some of the wishes are already available and used with the Garrett CSI Pro.....All Terrain.

Pro Mode only...........no STD or coin mode.

Come with 5" x 8" AT PROformance DD coil as standard.

Wireless headphones is possible........ and they have volume control.

CSI-Pro-AllTerrain_400.jpg

Backlight...no........but Cab light.....Yes.

What have never been mentioned is that this detector can GB on our very Hot "Oz" Goldfield ground and so can be used for Gold Prospecting. :)
Posted a picture some time back with a pair of headphones that is very good to use when Gold Prospecting with the CSI Pro as they will enhance the sound of tiny gold bits when used on this detector.

Yellow sticker on left is small gold picker range..........Blue sticker on right is good Silver........the stickers in between with numbers are our coins.

:occasion14:
ivanll

Last edited:

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
Offer true all metal mode, give it options for tones like one, three and five tone, offer 8 and 10 inch concentrics, work on the crappy ergos, get rid of the cheap s rod setup, give a back/forth button between last and present mode, get rid of the mickey mouse phones and would you please make it hotter?. And whatever you do don't call it an AT anything.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
old technology
he's bleeding you blind

look what happen to Kodak
i agree Garrett needs to catch up on a few things
but why
he makes more money on the books he rights
and his government contract

so whats the deal to him

liftloop

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
old technology
he's bleeding you blind

look what happen to Kodak
i agree Garrett needs to catch up on a few things
but why
he makes more money on the books he rights
and his government contract

so whats the deal to him

liftloop

You drink A LOT don't you?

hoosierguy

Feb 5, 2013
Laconia, IN
Detector(s) used
● Minelab Manticore ● Minelab CTX-3030 ● Minelab Equinox 800 ● Minelab Goldmaster 1000 ● Garrett Apex
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think one day the control boxes for our detectors will all be about the size of a smartphone, and the coil/handheld tube assemblies will be interchangeable. The models will mainly be differentiated by their processing power and software (which will be easily upgradeable). The Minelab CTX-3030 already holds part of that vision. The smartphones today have much more processing power that our detectors do...why wouldn't the engineers (with a few mods) be able to re-engineer a smart phone to act as the control box for any detector assembly? I know I'm off-topic, but that's where this thread took by thoughts :)

Even though I want a CTX-3030 so bad it hurts, it reminds me of a "cell phone on a stick". I don't think detector manufacturers would want things to go this way, but I feel it would be a natural progression.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deus xp's actually play a pretty big part in what uve said there control box is the size of a smartphone along with there other technologies they came in with

maliaros

Jul 4, 2013
Larnaca
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATP, Garrett EUROACE, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Just a multi frequency ATP will be top for me.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett does not care for multifrequency and probably wont develop one any time soon.

And u know this how ? U don't work for garrets team on building them so there's no 100% way of giving that be an honest answer they could b now u don't know

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread