Thoughts on my new AT Pro

longrider2011

Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought my AT Pro from Bart at BBH, good service, I would do it again. I not much for posting on forums but I hear so much good and bad about the AT Pro I thought I should tell of my experience. This is not my first machine. To learn I'm hunting a 3 acre homesite. The home was built in 1976. To date I have 5 hours on the AT and yes it is chatty but I love the talk. I'm hunting in Pro zero, iron dis at 35. This machine tells me so much about what it is seeing all I have to do is listen, understanding will follow. I'm dealing with overhead power line, underground power line to the outbuildings and shallow waterlines. (florida) and yet the good singles come threw all that mess. Today I was able to pick a quarter surrounded by iron. Iron audio works. I may never dig another bottle cap I most certainly will dig less trash but of course it looks like foil and pull tabs are still in the game. I'm loving it!

OP
OP
L

longrider2011

Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Ace 250 was my first and it is a good machine. The AT Pro however is another world. I swear this machine is alive.

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice to hear you like your ATP and understand you will still find tabs etc. I think so many new ATP uses think they will never dig trash again. There is no detector made the can eliminate all trash including tabs and bottle caps. Your ear learns to distinguish most tabs and bottle caps but as the old guys say if it rings dig it.

Goodluck to you.

solaryellow

Aug 26, 2007
Detector(s) used
Smart Tracker XR8 gift from dad as a kid, 1983?
Garrett Master Hunter CX/12" high energy hothead. R.I.P (1991-2013)
Don't ignore all bottle caps:) I find them to be more annoying than pulltabs,, I run pretty much the same.. Pro Zero, disc 30 almost max sens.. I have switched back and forth between coin mode, and I really cant see too much a difference.. Iron audio I toggle, usually off then on when i find something chatty... good luck..

scbeachdigger

Apr 10, 2013
I just purchased my first detector and after months and months of research I went with the AT Pro. I'm still learning and wish I could find someone to hunt with a learn some tips of the trade. I live in North Myrtle Beach, SC.

OP
OP
L

longrider2011

Sep 1, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I give all my good high tones a check by turning on iron audio, I have found, at least so far, that if the signal goes to heck it has been trash. Thank you all for your kind words.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bought my AT Pro from Bart at BBH, good service, I would do it again. I not much for posting on forums but I hear so much good and bad about the AT Pro I thought I should tell of my experience. This is not my first machine. To learn I'm hunting a 3 acre homesite. The home was built in 1976. To date I have 5 hours on the AT and yes it is chatty but I love the talk. I'm hunting in Pro zero, iron dis at 35. This machine tells me so much about what it is seeing all I have to do is listen, understanding will follow. I'm dealing with overhead power line, underground power line to the outbuildings and shallow waterlines. (florida) and yet the good singles come threw all that mess. Today I was able to pick a quarter surrounded by iron. Iron audio works. I may never dig another bottle cap I most certainly will dig less trash but of course it looks like foil and pull tabs are still in the game. I'm loving it!

Glad you like it! The Iron audio feature is a AWESOME one!

Glad you like it! be sure to holler if you have any questions. We offer lifetime support! ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions