The New Garrett ATX Is Really Unique, Deep And A Great Niche Detector.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
These videos show the uniqueness, the set up and the ability to specially set up the ATX Detector to suite your environment. Grab a drink, some popcorn and enjoy! Click on links below for part I and part II.

face.jpg

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice I want one. Maybe I'll start saving now. My wife told me if I would sell some of my finds that would help for a down payment but I just can't do it lol. I can get rid of clad but it's the old coins and relics that I can't seem to let go of. :)

Last edited:

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Geez I love the atx!! Who knows if summer ever arrives and I don't like the ctx this atx would be on my top list!!!

D.A.D.D.-Dads against daughters dating

coinbug

Jul 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apart from optional discrimination, and the cool breakdown and waterproofing, is this detector much different from my old Fisher Goldbug? They seem to work pretty much the same.

I suppose the ATX could be deeper, but, unless you were prepared to dig to China, I'm not sure that would be much of an advantage, as the Goldbug can find targets deep enough to wear you out.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apart from optional discrimination, and the cool breakdown and waterproofing, is this detector much different from my old Fisher Goldbug? They seem to work pretty much the same.

I suppose the ATX could be deeper, but, unless you were prepared to dig to China, I'm not sure that would be much of an advantage, as the Goldbug can find targets deep enough to wear you out.
I don't know about the Gold bug but here is a good video showing how it stacks up against the GPX5000. A warning to ML owners......best not watch this.
ZDD

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know about the Gold bug but here is a good video showing how it stacks up against the GPX5000. A warning to ML owners......best not watch this.
ZDD

Ive used it several times, Its the first PI machine that Ive used. It seems to work about as well as my sovereign GT does, but it is completely waterproof and it eliminates the "edge" that I constantly have when detecting with a non water proof model. I can't get over how well constructed it is. It's very rugged and I don't have a problem with the little extra weight. It also folds down like nothing else I have ever seen or heard of. I have found scrap beach gold with it, but never in its natural form. You can't do everyfrigging thing.....Some day soon.

Zodiacdiverdave

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2011
The North Atlantic Ocean
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro, Sea Hunter II, JW Fisher Proton Magnatometer, Shovel, Hammer and chisel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garrett ATX Preview ? Garrett?s new Pulse Induction Metal Detector | Mashdetectors Blog

Here's a review I found that says the ATX is "similar" to the Gold Bug.

Thanks for posting the video, Zodiacdiverdave. Maybe when the ground thaws I'll try to duplicate the test with the GB.
That would be great, pls video your test and post it on you tube if you can or at least let us know the results.
I live in an area that has alot of old gold mines with tons of tailings all over the place. I am embarrassed to say I have yet to detect any of them. I did try to hit up an old site I use to go to when I was a kid but they re-opened the mining in that area since the price of gold sky rocketed and I couldn't get near it.

All the best with your ATX,
ZDD

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread