S

Stevo007

Nov 4, 2013
Port Elizabeth
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, F5, CZ21,Garrett AtPro,Teknetics G2,Minelab Excaliber
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only really been detwcting on the beach since i got it as its easier to retrieve lots of targets to learn the audio.

As mentioned i have retrieved other targeta in wet sand and not all of them did this. I would say 90percent i could pin point easy and then 10percent of the time it does this where i pinpoint and then i can literally move either wau and it does not stop it just carries on asif its a large item under the ground. Im getting worried if the machine is not malfunctioning i also get that it runs way more atable in wet sand than on dry sand which for me s hard to believe i have to some places set my aenaativity low on dry aand and i can run up to 8 full sensativity on wet sand.

I will take the machine apart tonight re-assemble. New batteries and reconnect coil and see what is going on. I unfortunately only have had max 5hours on this machine which is way to little to throw the machine one side and say its trash.....i have a mate that just baught a infinium i will go out with him to see if he has same issues with his double d. I maybe think the target is to deep for the machine to pin point i really cant say but in the defence of the machine i can hear a very loud target so its not like its faint or ao deep that ita a iffy signal (confuzzled lol)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sometimes the pinpoint will hang a bit like that. Try to wiggle the coil over the target with fast short strokes and pull back until the signal drops off. The target will be right in front of the coil on center. Some like this method better than using the pinpoint.

OP
OP
S

Stevo007

Nov 4, 2013
Port Elizabeth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks so much i will give it a try, only saw today the wiggle manouver. Really appreciate all the help . BEST FORUM EVER

Silver Simon

Mar 17, 2013
Coldwater Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On fast machines like the AT Pro and Deus, I never use the detector's pinpoint function. I find I can be much more accurate with the wiggle method.

OP
OP
S

Stevo007

Nov 4, 2013
Port Elizabeth
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi simon , the wiggle method works perfect. And you are right done even need the pinpoint wiggle wiggle backwards stop turn 90degrees wiggle again and done....dig

Something weirs now is it runs the wet sand flatout full sensativity with light chatter....dry sand have to drop to 4 or 5 bars out 8. Bit confusing as i thought it would be the other way around lol

TheCaribbeanDigger

Aug 15, 2013
Puerto Rico
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Fisher F75, Garrett AT Pro, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have only really been detwcting on the beach since i got it as its easier to retrieve lots of targets to learn the audio.

As mentioned i have retrieved other targeta in wet sand and not all of them did this. I would say 90percent i could pin point easy and then 10percent of the time it does this where i pinpoint and then i can literally move either wau and it does not stop it just carries on asif its a large item under the ground. Im getting worried if the machine is not malfunctioning i also get that it runs way more atable in wet sand than on dry sand which for me s hard to believe i have to some places set my aenaativity low on dry aand and i can run up to 8 full sensativity on wet sand.

I will take the machine apart tonight re-assemble. New batteries and reconnect coil and see what is going on. I unfortunately only have had max 5hours on this machine which is way to little to throw the machine one side and say its trash.....i have a mate that just baught a infinium i will go out with him to see if he has same issues with his double d. I maybe think the target is to deep for the machine to pin point i really cant say but in the defence of the machine i can hear a very loud target so its not like its faint or ao deep that ita a iffy signal (confuzzled lol)

It has happened to me using my F2 and now with the ATP. I do the wiggle thing too and works for me. Including the F2. When that happens to me I re-swing the coil on the target then re-pinpoint. It works for me. Today I'll try to go to a local beach to see what's new in the sand :) jeje

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread