Ace 250 beach depth? Having problems!! HELP PLEASE!

K

kindgrind

Hi, Ive had my 250 for a little over a month now. In that month Ive found alot of jewelry but i never find it below 4 inches? I always hunt at the beach and the detector is amazing at around 2 to 4 inches I mean its paid for itself 10 times over but the problem is I know thers alot more deeper than that I just not pulling it up. I was wondering if anyone has had taht problem? How to fix it? and if u cant fix it whats the best coil to get to fix it? or detector? Thanks alot!!

Kindgrind

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Couple of thoughts, Kindgrind.

Sensitivity at over 4-5 bars will actually create too much masking of good targets; rather like driving in fog with highbeams.

Deeper targets often are iffy signals; try from different angles to better ID the signal; then rapidly sweep quickly back and forth in a short pattern & sometimes the target will ID better. Some call it the Minelab waggle, and it works.

Dick

drver

Sep 24, 2006
Wilmington, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
kindgrind I use an Ace 250 to beach hunt and Dick’s suggestion is correct in dry sand, in wet it’s still too high. I usually run three bars in the wet and water. The Ace seems to like a slightly faster swing, if you get a hit on a moderate swing that won’t report with a slower swing chances are it’s a target on the edge of what the detector can see.
My finds with the 6.5X9 coil averaged from on top the about six inches down, upgrade to the 9X12 coil and expect to dig to around ten to twelve inches regularly. Oh and don’t forget to dig the nickle to foil tones, could be trash could be 925 silver.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ACE 250 has no ground balance nor saltwater mode so it's depth is limited. For more depth and targets you will a different detector. There is only so much detector you can get for the money and a larger coil will help some in some places and hurt in others due to the lack of GB.

Good Luck,
Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions