My first coin in my first ltime using my AT Pro

Goose MKII

Oct 22, 2014
Niwot, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This took place near my place where there's a trail loop and a little creek running by.
Soft ground a bit humid, but mostly clean.
I found a 1990 U.S Quarter, what a rush that was, covered in mud, lost all of its plating and looked yellowish at first sight, but it was copper :unhappysmiley:
This coin was probably about 3" deep.
Most of the stuff I was getting hits on were deep items, out of range of my Pro-pointer. I'm going to get a bigger digging tool, possibly a long handle steel spade to work quickly. I will revisit that area once again when I'm better prepared to dig up stuff...
And finally I dug up an aluminum pulltab and its lid, possibly from an oil additive of some sort. This I found roughly at 9.5" deep, the lid was sitting bent at a 45 degree angle. I didn't take pics as I found it, I should've. I then decided to take a pic afterwards when I thought about documenting my first outing.
So, below are pics from the hole I dug up the pull tab and lid from, a measurement of my Kellyco Razor Edge Gator Digger indicating the approximate depth in inches the hole was. It swallowed my digger 3/4 of the way to about a half the handle. Around 9.5" almost 10"
It was a good hit, it was reading above 80on my AT Pro screen.

Sometime after this artic blast is gone past. I'm going to bury two coins in the same hole, making it a little bit longer to have one Canadian Quarter and a US $20 Gold Coin replica about 4" apart and at 10" deep and try one more time with my stock coil and then with my NEL Hunter Coil and see the results.
Stay tuned for that one.
The set-up:

• -Garrett AT Pro set in Pro Mode Zero
  • -Iron discrimination at 30
  • -Ground Balance at 80
  • -Sensitivity all the way up.
  • -Stock 8.5x11" Garrett Coil
  • -Garrett Pro-Pointer
  • -Kellyco Razor Edge Gator Digger

Attachments

• unnamed (18).jpg
    unnamed (18).jpg
    29 KB · Views: 107
  • unnamed (17).jpg
    unnamed (17).jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 101
  • unnamed (16).jpg
    unnamed (16).jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 114
  • unnamed (15).jpg
    unnamed (15).jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 98
  • unnamed (14).jpg
    unnamed (14).jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 113
  • unnamed (13).jpg
    unnamed (13).jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 105
  • unnamed (12).jpg
    unnamed (12).jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Goose MKII

Oct 22, 2014
Niwot, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Oh, the other round piece in the picture it's a very soft metal grooved ring. No idea what that it might be

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Oh, the other round piece in the picture it's a very soft metal grooved ring. No idea what that it might be

That round ring is a Rosary Ring. Nice find! Congrats on your first hunt. They just keep getting better and better and better and better.......

OP
OP
G

Goose MKII

Oct 22, 2014
Niwot, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That round ring is a Rosary Ring. Nice find! Congrats on your first hunt. They just keep getting better and better and better and better.......

Thank you.
All I can say after going out for the first time is...game on!

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the obsession lol. This is a great hobby and good for your health also. Just have to keep you wife from seeing all your good finds because in my case she is always wanting me to sell the stuff lol. I told her some day the kids can have them. I did find a nice bracelet this year that cleaned up nice that I gave to her so she is off my back for now. Good luck and welcome to the addiction oops I meant hobby.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I want to be you!:laughing7::laughing7:.....I cant wait to upgrade to the machine that you are learning...................maybe a Christmas preset for myself!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
G

Goose MKII

Oct 22, 2014
Niwot, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to the obsession lol. This is a great hobby and good for your health also. Just have to keep you wife from seeing all your good finds because in my case she is always wanting me to sell the stuff lol. I told her some day the kids can have them. I did find a nice bracelet this year that cleaned up nice that I gave to her so she is off my back for now. Good luck and welcome to the addiction oops I meant hobby.
Oh yeah, finding a nice women ring is the ticket to freedom! lol! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions