BadM0nkey

Apr 28, 2013
Andover, NJ
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE Limited Edition
Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I'm just joined Tnet. I've been detecting for a number of years. I use an AT pro and hunt land and the beach.

Welcome. How does it work for you in the wet salty sand?

swagman

Nov 9, 2014
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800,Teknetic T2LTD, Teknetic 5'' & 11'' coil, AT PRO, Nokta Pin Pointer, Vulcan 360 Pin Pointer, 5 x 8 Coil, Nell 15'' Attack coil, one bum eye and selective hearing.
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome to Tnet and here's looking forward to your many finds.

OP
OP
F

fpelt

Greenie
May 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no problem in the wet stuff. It falses once in a while, but it's easy to tell the difference from a good signal. My biggest problem is getting knocked around by the surf.

U.B.

Apr 27, 2015
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to TNet, from Oklahoma. I'll get to use my AT Pro this summer when we go to SoCal. If you don't mind, I may pick your brain about beach hunting.

zman1403

May 2, 2015
New York
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 305
Garrett Pro Pinpoiten
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome fpelt.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Welcome to a Garrett Forum. Looking forward to seeing your finds.

Untitled.jpg

Havillah

May 22, 2005
San Juan del Río, Querétaro, Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett Money Hunter TR;
Garrett GTP-1350;
Garrett AT Pro International
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the group. Please tell me how you set up your AT Pro for saltwater beaches. Thanks in advance!

OP
OP
F

fpelt

Greenie
May 20, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Havillah, I use pro-custom, zero iron disc, nothing notched out, sens 2 down from max. Gb is usually 11 or 12. It will false when a wave swirls around my feet carrying all that sand, but a good target will always come through. I sometimes drop the sens down another notch. I use pretty much the same settings for dry land. I auto gb and run the sens 1 notch from max. It's a busy setup, but I like to hear everything. I dig my fair share of pull tabs and foil, but that's part of the game.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread