Got A Couple Of Rings Today Doing A Freshwater Lake Hunt

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
atx_zps6oqix8mn.jpg~original

It finally warmed up to 23 C / 74 F today, so, having a day off, I headed to a lake and used my wet suit for the very first time this year. It was still a little cool in the water, especially with strong gusty winds. I did luck out on a couple of rings and some coins. I only dug one bottle cap today. That's got to be a record. It just goes to show you how hunted out this lake is.

DSC_1041.JPG

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great recovery John. I have plans to do some field hunting this weekend before they are all planted to find old relics then I'll turn to the rivers and public places for the rings. I find most of my rings at fairgrounds and park.

OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Good luck at the rivers. How's your son making out metal detecting?

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He's doing good. We have hit fields around our house looking for relics and arrow heads. He found some nice points and a wheat last week. I don't take him on longer outings he loses interest fast. He just turned 6 so when he wants to go we go around close. Thanks for asking John.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread