reestronaut

Greenie
May 19, 2015
Norman, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just detected my friend's yard and got A LOT of signals for coins, different coins, 6-8+ inches deep. On the Ace 250, does this mean that they are all actually coins? We didn't dig because she had to ask her dad first, but I did end up getting permission!

Unfortunately, I live in one of those states that is getting non stop rain, so I will be digging once the rain stops. But I am just asking this so I don't get my hopes up on finding tons of coins!

Also, I just got this detector. Haven't dug anything with it yet.

cruiserkev

Jan 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I used an Ace 250 for about 3 years and dug up many targets that showed up as coins but were not when dug. I noticed galvanized nails would come up as nickels often and soda can pop tops ring up as pennies a lot. For the most part dimes and quarters rang up correctly though. As I got better with the machine I listened more to the tones it was making instead of looking at the display. For me, if it sounds like a clear, repeatable high tone over a target, kind of like a phone ringing, it is most likely a coin. Good Luck! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
reestronaut

reestronaut

Greenie
May 19, 2015
Norman, Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks! Yeah I have it on coin mode so it only makes the higher pitch sound. Tried to dig just a few minutes ago, but it is still far too muddy.

Zakurie84

Jun 24, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,
Minelab Xterra 705
Primary Interest:
Other
I found that if it rings up as a coin, but every once and a while "jumps" over to the iron range, even for a split second, that it was almost always junk. The trick is swinging over the target, then moving 90 degrees and swinging again. If you get repeatable coin signals, then it is most likely a coin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread