gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, not practical maybe but can be done, yes. There is a headphone adaptor available from Garrett to adapt to most other brand of phones, and there is a non-submersible Garrett headphone that it comes with, it does not come from Garrett with the underwater phones. There is also a fine set of underwater phones from Detector Pro that are more comfy than the Garrett underwaters and with better sound and a volume control. I have never heard of anybody hip mounting one, but the control head does unscrew from the shaft. There are companies that make more comfortable straight shafts for these detectors as well as instructions for do it yourselfers. Garrett does not make any shaft options. I think the companies that make straight shafts will make you a three piece if you so desire.

OP
OP
H

Ham

Apr 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know that Tesoro makes a 3 piece shaft for their detectors.

Chad1972

Feb 17, 2015
Abilene TX area
Detector(s) used
1 Garrett AT Pro with Nel Sharpshooter coil, 1 AT Pro with a Nel Attack coil, and an Ace 250 (kid's), AT ProPointer, White's TRX pinpointer, Lesche Sampson shovel, Garrett 10" trowel, Viking Digger, S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There's a guy on here that makes a good looking straight shaft. His name is bzbadger

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread