Garret must be doing something right...

Kodiak43351

Bronze Member
May 6, 2013
NW Ohio
Detector(s) used
At Max,Xp deus,At pro, At gold, pro pointer, ace 350 bounty hunter. Lesche hand and t handle digging tools, Sask kustom digger, Garrett edge digger and Garrett retriever, Garrett classifier made into
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Typical. It's the detector all other brands want to bash. Just shows that Garrett hit a home run on the pro and gold along with their pro pointers.

OP
OP
W

Wil

Jan 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree. I notice in some of the same videos they use at pro pointers so I guess they use garret even when Bashing

Irishgoldhound

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2013
🥇 Banner finds
Here here!! Right on the nail with that one. Couldn't agree more. I love my AT. Just keeps finding me more and more gold. Maybe I should keep that quiet.

OP
OP
W

Wil

Jan 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you're the top detector manufacturer everyone is gunning for you

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Using the Garrett AT Pro as a yardstick to compare it to machines costing up to 3 x as much actually puts it in a league in all of it's own. And those bashing it are usually people new to the hobby who need to somehow compensate for their lack of knowledge. People who have been detecting for a long time realize that all detectors used in the right hands, in the right locations set up properly will produce.

output_08KRFc.gif

lchavezmisc

Jan 24, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, I've been thinking about picking up an AT. It's a toss between this or the whites. Both seem like a lot of value for the money.

MADTRAPPER

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm new at this. I'm looking at the Garrett ace 250 for starters. What your thoughts on this model. Thanks

Sent from the Canadian Wilderness using my I phone

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
I'm new at this. I'm looking at the Garrett ace 250 for starters. What your thoughts on this model. Thanks

What are you searching for?

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have owned a bunch of machines.....some costing 3 times what the AT pro sales for, but when most have been sold I still own the At pro and AT gold. They re my two favorites and have found me more good stuff than any other machines. The other companies have wanted to be lazy by not "waterproofing" their machines unless it was a water machine. Finally, Whites has seen the light and is going to produce a comparable unit......or atleast I believe it will be comparable.

MADTRAPPER

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Searching for relics on old farm houses old bush trails they used by horse etc. Old mining trails.

OP
OP
W

Wil

Jan 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never used the 250. I started with the 350. I loved it nut quickly with with the at pro. If your not in a hurry I'd wait fir the 300 or 400. Or better yet jump right on the AT Pro. You can't go wrong

MADTRAPPER

Tenderfoot
Jan 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks no hurry. When r they coming out and how much$.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm been watching some youtube and I've noticed a lot of videos bashing garret and specifically the AT by comparing it to units that cost 3 to 4 times more.

Can you give an example. All I can find are the opposite.

OP
OP
W

Wil

Jan 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks no hurry. When r they coming out and how much$.

They displayed them at the shot show. I think the 400. Was around 399.00.. but no concrete price that I know if. They said it'll release in the spring

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I get home I'll post some. If you do a AT Pro vs. "insert name" you will see a lot.

I found some thanks. I own quite a few detectors and just got a atpro. I've been playing with it without a manual. Probably going to do a marathon of videos.

OP
OP
W

Wil

Jan 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found some thanks. I own quite a few detectors and just got a atpro. I've been playing with it without a manual. Probably going to do a marathon of videos.

I'd look at nugget noggin videos or aquachiggers. They are pretty good (and both sponsored by garret)

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
I found a test....CTX 3030 vs. AT Pro on deep Indian Head and silver dime. Guess what? AT Pro won! The AT Pro was using a NEL Coil in this unbiased comparison, and under these conditions, the AT Pro got a nice clear repeatable signal, and the CTX3030 got..... well, see the video below. I am very well aware of the many makes/models of detectors out there and what their potential is. I was was stunned when I saw this. AT Pro "ROCKS" :headbang:

OP
OP
W

Wil

Jan 18, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the 3030 cost a lot more lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread