Garrett Freedom 3 question for those who have owned one

ilovemycows

May 26, 2013
Joshua, Texas
Detector(s) used
ATPro, Garret Ace 250 (my son's), Garrett Pro Pointer(s)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i owned a Garrett Freedom 3 over twenty years ago but it really didn't have the ability to find more gold than any other detector....The feature that made this detector unique as with the Fisher 1266X which I also owned was the dual discrimination. I did find gold rings with both detectors...The best settings if I recall correctly that I had much success with was to set Disc 1 just above iron and the Disc 2 at around the foil settings or maybe a little above...This way you when you get a good signal in Disc 1 which is the standard search mode you would switch to Disc 2 using the trigger to see if the signal was still good...If the signal was still good in Disc 2, you would dig the target....I did enjoy that dual discrimination feature on those detectors as you can experiment with various settings..The Freedom 3 also had the coin alert belltone...The only detector I believe that has the dual discrimination feature today would be the Tesoro Tejon....Maybe you could try that detector as the Freedom3 and Fisher 1266X are no longer in production for well more than a decade unless you can get a real bargain on a used one...Good Luck!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ilovemycows

ilovemycows

May 26, 2013
Joshua, Texas
Detector(s) used
ATPro, Garret Ace 250 (my son's), Garrett Pro Pointer(s)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1454248180.091821.jpg

Found a copy of an old ad online.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread