The New AT MAX Has Finally Arrived! There Are Some Great Improvements.

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
3r2.jpg

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/images_new/Garrett_AT_MAX_US.pdf

Garrett has made significant improvements on the current AT Pro platform. Users have been asking for a back-light....Done! Requested a built in wireless system...... Done! The unit has improved depth with the new "True All Metal Mode" while still utilizing the iron audio feature. The window for ground balancing has been enlarged, allowing better hunting abilities in wet salt/salt water environments. Some of the features only available on the AT Gold are now standard on the AT MAX. The adjustable threshold is now available so you can detect changes in audio to dig those ever so deep targets. You can now manually ground balance the unit, or use auto ground balance.

Included in the package is a set of wireless headphones with the built in Z-Lynk™ Wireless . Garrett has listened to it's customers and made significant changes to an already popular selling metal detector. I look forward to reading posts and seeing some great finds made with the new Garrett AT MAX!

3r1 (2).jpg

70033_1.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
$849.95 for the AT Max - Wow! Think I'll wait till they work all the bugs out of it at that price. :occasion14:

jadocs

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Increased transmit power (I assume its fixed and not adjustable).

To me this means less battery life. Do you know how long Garrett is advertising and how it compares to the ATP? That will probably give us an idea of exactly how much more TX is in the AT-M.

SweepNbeep

Mar 3, 2017
The North Star State
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Other
At first glance, I like it. If I were buying new I would probably get it, but I don't see anything here that makes me want to trade in my one year old ATP. The real question is, does it have a volume control? It seems so basic, and yet the ATP does not have one. It matters to me cause I do about 75% of my detecting with no head phones at all, now that's wireless. But the volume is just too damn loud if your near other people, really wish I could turn it down. Even with head phones, it'll blow your ear drums out if your not careful.

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You can preorder them now from Bart at Big Boys Hobbies for $722.45.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There will be bugs with new models but I still want Zero motion all metal. For true salt water hunting you can't beat more munity frequencies like the SOV GT. Excel, or CZ-6A.:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:
OP
OP
John-Edmonton

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
At first glance, I like it. If I were buying new I would probably get it, but I don't see anything here that makes me want to trade in my one year old ATP. The real question is, does it have a volume control? It seems so basic, and yet the ATP does not have one. It matters to me cause I do about 75% of my detecting with no head phones at all, now that's wireless. But the volume is just too damn loud if your near other people, really wish I could turn it down. Even with head phones, it'll blow your ear drums out if your not careful.

The supplied wireless headphones have a volume control. If you hard wire a set, they may have a volume control depending on what type you use. The wireless set have crazy loud volume on maximum setting. You can probably wear them around your neck and still hear your audio.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Well nothing there that i want but then i do not use head phones..The only detector i use head phones with is a true water detector.The reason is they are hard wired on the water detectors. But to me the AT MAX is just another detector with more bells & whistles. Just give me the Sovereign or Excel.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions