New Years Resolution?

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

thompy

Bronze Member
Feb 19, 2005
Menominee, Michigan
Detector(s) used
T-2,
Re: New Year's Resolution?

good luck, and lock your doors, I've heard of many detectors getting stolen out of a car, i to have to get out more than i did last summer

OP
OP
chirper97

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thompy said:
good luck, and lock your doors, I've heard of many detectors getting stolen out of a car, i to have to get out more than i did last summer

Sounds like a good resolution for all of us!

I drive an 11+ yr. old car, and make it a point to cover valuables with an old blanket or jacket, but I know Murphy was an optimist. The alternative is to keep my Fisher 6A in the closet and miss a lot of good hunting.

panelman

Mar 2, 2008
Northern WI.
Detector(s) used
Bounty HunterIV / Garrett GTI 2500

chirper97 said:
Thompy said:

Sounds like a good resolution for all of us!

I drive an 11+ yr. old car, and make it a point to cover valuables with an old blanket or jacket, but I know Murphy was an optimist. The alternative is to keep my Fisher 6A in the closet and miss a lot of good hunting.
Hey you sound just like me, My Metal detector is worth about 3 times more than the car I drive back and forth to work. My plan is that anyone looking at my car knows there can't be anything inside thats worth a dime!
Panelman

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I work in one of the worst cities in New Jersey but I keep my detector in the car. It is always covered and when I'm out detecting I always lie about how much it costs when a stranger asks. I don't like lying but as of last night there were already two murders in the city this year so some people would not think twice about smashing a window or smashing me if they knew I was carrying over a grand worth of equipment.

With that being said I've made some of my best finds in this city. I think the fact that it has such a bad reputation it keeps most detectorist out. I love going out at lunch time on a nice day and making a suprise find. It just makes the day better and I think it actually makes me more productive at work.

I'm just getting caught up on reading T-Net posts for the last couple of days and I just made my own new years resolution which is to keep a metal detecting log. I was reading a post where the person was stating that this was the best start of a year for them and was giving detail reasons why. I can tell you where I found most of my keepers and even show you the general area but not like some people can here on t-net. I currently get good feels for areas but with more accurate records I will be able to figure out where my time is best spent.

So log book here I come...

NJ

Slingshot

Bronze Member
Apr 3, 2004
Southern Appalachia
Detector(s) used
Whites CM2 BFO, Harbor Freight 9 function, BH Pioneer 202, Fisher F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I usually keep an older detector without much value in my car, like my old Whites Coinmaster 2/D TR unit. I am always ready to take advantage of targets of opportunity, without taking the risk of loosing a more expensive machine.

OP
OP
chirper97

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Slingshot said:
I usually keep an older detector without much value in my car, like my old Whites Coinmaster 2/D TR unit. I am always ready to take advantage of targets of opportunity, without taking the risk of loosing a more expensive machine.

Great idea!

I have a habit of adding electrical tape (appearance of broken wires) and marking up my equipment and power cords, including radar detector, gps, and detectors.

Every little bit of stealth helps!

As I arrive at the last third of my life, I have concluded that we should USE our 'goodies' and take more chances at breaking/losing them, INSTEAD of over-protecting equipment that ends up at an estate sale upon our demise.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread