Is Kellyco a reputable company to order from?

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dewcon4414 said:
I for one appreciate Sandmans input his opinion is always worth the listen. I have done business with kellyco.. no problems. Im currently in the process of looking at their 10 X 12 SEF compared to the Pro Coil. I was about to order then read down farther on the page and saw there was an additional charge or about $15 for packing... but it was only on the 10 X 12, then add shipping and its about the same price as the Pro. To me i felt a little MISLEAD thinking the 10 X 12 was going to be considerablely less. The are the only game in town for that 10 X 12... how about a break on that sucker and just charge us shipping like you do on the Pro coil? Im like most people i just want a good product for a fair price without a lot of add on charges. If i can get a better deal... then feel free to drop me a note.

Good informative post.
Sometimes a vendor's website can have too much information including special deals and packages for my taste.

My hat is off to reputable companies with longevity and customer care like Kellyco.

I have confidence that they will be there tomorrow to serve the treasure hunting fraternity. :thumbsup:

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is Kellyco a reputable company? I have done biz with them only once, about a month ago. It was a small purchase, (around 50 bucks). Long story short, the order never shipped, they kept my paypal payment and never contacted me. I initiated contact after about 3 weeks and the issue was resolved(they claimed that there was a server error). Any how, the one interesting thing that i learned during this whole fiasco was that they definitely have an affiliation with AARDVARK....the Ebay store. When i finally got ahold of kellyco, i added 1 more item to my order and had to paypal them a 2nd time. The customer rep said i did not need to fill out a whole new form just to send in the difference via paypal. When i did, 2 accounts for kellyco popped up, one for them and one for aardvark. I mention this because somewhere in this forum about 4 months ago a kellyco employee blasted someone on here for suggesting such an affiliation between the 2 companies existed.

1.So is it a reputable company? i would have to say yes since they have been around for so long. 2.Do they have problems? yes same as any other company 3. are they smart? yes 4. can u do better on pricing? probably if u look around 5. are we better for having kellyco? yes, they are a good resource.

one last comment, i will never buy another detector without first holding it in my hands and trying it out....would recommend you all devise your own testing criteria and do the same

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice post The-Bone!

Here is an energetic thread for Kellyco 'pluses and minuses' discussion on treasurenet. http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,77626.0.html

I could not find a post denying that Kellyco and Ebay's aarvark are the same.

Perhaps the issue is that aarvark is a salesperson for Kellyco versus the entire company having that moniker.

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have bought 4 detectors and 6 others items over the years. Always prompt and courteous service. I found KellCoChick very helpfull when I emailed questions to her.

Part of my job description is dealing with customers. I tell them what they need, how to use it, answer installation questions , and the big one, It doesn,t work any more what do I do? My main goal in dealing with them is customer satisfaction. I see all types of customers and if the percentage of bad deals is low enough you stay in business. KellyCo is still in business.

I would by from a local dealer if they had what I want for a lower price. If you find a detector you want at a local dealer for a better price take it. I have found that most dealers occasionally do not have the lastest or all models available. They can offer hand on training if you ask which is a bonus.

KellyCo does offers a lot of extras. I would like to trade them in on a lower price but cannot. Some manufacturers set a minimum sales price so you cannot get a lower price. I solve this by selling any extras as soon as I can. I cut the cost of my last detector $150. Then I give away what I don,t need.

Last point, I have found that when dealing with various companies both detector related and not, that the service you get varies from person to person. So, when I do get exceptional service I write down all information in case I have to deal with that company again. This insures good service.

Ed D.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I lived near Kellyco I would ask to work there for free....I almost opened my own store once but figured I would never be there to sell anything cause I'd always be out in the field searching for another penny. :thumbsup:

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have brought through Kellyco a few times and have had a great experience, an average experience, a not so great(but finally worked out) and I have bought from others and have had an awful awful experience, and from another a awesome experience. So If I had to rate Kellyco I would rate them at 85%. They do honor other prices if you find it cheaper somewhere else, the products are always trustworthy, and they will make it right. I would rate them higher if I hadn't had problems with reaching them, or them calling me back and leaving messages, but that was several months ago and they may have corrected it by now. I would buy from them again. I don't see a difference in pricing really from one to another so it all boils down who you build a relationship with, and your experience. Its great to have a board like this to share opinions

extractor

Silver Member
Sep 27, 2007
Sal Sagev Adaven
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC,,,, SOVEREIGN GT,,,, GP 3500,,,,
GB PRO.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:thumbsup: Ive ordered from them and I'll use them again for sure .

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
relichunters said:
I bought my ACE 250 from kellyco. It arrived really quick like 4 days, the only bad part was the price of shipping. It was $212.00 and with shipping it was $244.00 so I was like ouch. But kellyco is one of the biggest suppliers out there.
This doesn't make no sense to me cause Ace 250 shipping is free unless you bought something else with the ace 250 then there probly was a 15.00 shipping fee

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
If I lived near Kellyco I would ask to work there for free....I almost opened my own store once but figured I would never be there to sell anything cause I'd always be out in the field searching for another penny. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: :wink:

bja3908

Aug 19, 2006
galveston tx
I have been trying to get a catalog from them for months with no results if this is how they treat customers then I will never order from them o well other places to spend my money.
Bobby

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
why don't you just go online an look? they have specials all the time that won't be in a catolog.. like right now for 3 days they have a buy one get one free special on detectors...

Born2Dtect

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2004
Hurlock, Maryland
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KellyCo does not really have a catalog. They offer different deals all the time. Once a year they put out a flyer that contains used, closeouts, and special deals. I don,t remember when it comes out. You can get all the information you need as well as a live person to chat with online. I check with them to see what a detector cost for comparison when looking for a new detector.

Ed D.

creeper71

Silver Member
Dec 5, 2007
South Central PA
Born2Dtect said:
KellyCo does not really have a catalog. They offer different deals all the time. Once a year they put out a flyer that contains used, closeouts, and special deals. I don,t remember when it comes out. You can get all the information you need as well as a live person to chat with online. I check with them to see what a detector cost for comparison when looking for a new detector.

Ed D.
Don't forget to mention that KELLYCO has a 120% money back guarantee if you find a detector cheaper then the one you bought from them within 10days after purchase....

rugratt

Dec 19, 2008
Erie, Pa
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter, whites DFX
I went to dollar general to do some shopping. To my surprise, not everything in the store was a dollar. Go figure! Now that's misleading........

I bought my 2nd metal detector (DFX 300) from Kellyco. We have a dealer here but very little to choose. The salesman was very helpful and informative, but just reminded me of buying a car. You know the car salemen experience! Of course I did my research, went down to my local dealer and held an XLT similar to the DFX, it was a nice detector. I looked into Kellyco by researching other sites on the netbecause I new I was going to upgrade some day. I felt really comfortable buying from kellyco. Chatting on line with the salesmen in the comfort of my home in my underwear was an advantage to me. Armed with all the information needed we were able to agree on a good deal. I would recommend KELLYCO to anyone. Just do your home work, that's the key to buying anything. Just don't tell Steve at Kellco that he made a sale to a man in his underwear!!!!!!!!

Kellyco

Oct 10, 2007
Winter Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
Everything in Kellyco's Showroom!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rugratt said:
I went to dollar general to do some shopping. To my surprise, not everything in the store was a dollar. Go figure! Now that's misleading........

I bought my 2nd metal detector (DFX 300) from Kellyco. We have a dealer here but very little to choose. The salesman was very helpful and informative, but just reminded me of buying a car. You know the car salemen experience! Of course I did my research, went down to my local dealer and held an XLT similar to the DFX, it was a nice detector. I looked into Kellyco by researching other sites on the netbecause I new I was going to upgrade some day. I felt really comfortable buying from kellyco. Chatting on line with the salesmen in the comfort of my home in my underwear was an advantage to me. Armed with all the information needed we were able to agree on a good deal. I would recommend KELLYCO to anyone. Just do your home work, that's the key to buying anything. Just don't tell Steve at Kellco that he made a sale to a man in his underwear!!!!!!!!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg SUPER LOL'S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (really glad to hear it all worked out tho.)

bja3908 said:
I have been trying to get a catalog from them for months with no results if this is how they treat customers then I will never order from them o well other places to spend my money.
Bobby

Bobby I think I've PM'd you a few times. Please let me know if there is anything I can do. Also please remember that everything in our catalog is also available online and I'll be happy to steer you through our plethora of web pages if you get lost; I know it can be confusing.

I know I'm not in sales, it really can be frustrating some times because I don't have the program on my computer to actually enter a sale into our system, but I can put ya'll in touch with the right people so if anyone get's confused or has questions or just doesn't know where to start with us just let me know! I'll help!! :)

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bought my first detector close to home.....nice, but cheap....it's all my town had. Read one of the Treasure mags, saw Kellyco's ad, and bought my next from them......that was about 35 or so years ago. Have purchased probably 7 machines from Kellyco.....been living in Virginia, in Alabama, and in S. Korea. Machines always got there before I thought they would......yes, even in Korea. Never any problem with pkging. And, have had some things that needing fixing, from hard wear and tear, but always Kellyco replaced the part(s) for free, only having me pay a service charge. I wouldn't buy from anyone else......not that others are not good dealers, but because I have had only great service from them, and so .....don't fix it if it ain't broke.

root

Feb 25, 2005
Southeastern Pa.
Hi C-weed!!

I just saw your post and I live in Springfield (DELCO) Pa. also. I metal detect and bottle dig. Perhaps we could get together after the thaw.

Peace,

John R.

DoctorS

Feb 14, 2009
Tioga County NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ground Hog, Garrett GTA 1000, Garrett AT3
I have bought many detectors from Kellyco, and will probably upgrade sometime in the future. Never a bad experience. I've also gotten friends hooked on the hobby and they also bought through Kellyco. I'm also waiting on a new catalog, as a neighbor wants to get into the hobby. I would definitely recommend Kellyco.

DrS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread