Our Detecting Rights are slowly dwindling away in Wisconsin

OP
OP
lockman209

lockman209

Jun 4, 2005
Chippewa Falls
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle SL II, Whites PRL-1, (3) Whites DFX's, Whites Coinmaster 4G, Whites Silver Eagle, 2010 Whites Coinmaster, Fisher 1212-X, Fisher 1225-X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
Best place to begin, imo, would be the clubs. Contact each club, work together on how to best approach the state at several levels. (State reps to start)

The clubs have the biggest "voice" , collective knowledge on all aspects of detecting and a common interest in maintaining the use of public lands for their "sport" the same as hunters,hikers, snowmobile users etc.

The unfortunate part is clubs seem to be few and far between, I could be wrong on this but no clubs exist in my immediate area that I know of. Might be a good time for pushing memberships in established clubs via craigslist ,local papers etc. After that, make any "form" letter available to all interested individuals.

The more noise made, the better the chance of being heard.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Here in Illinois about all it would take is one campaign fund check. Be it FP commisioner, county board member or state rep.
The unfortunate truth is they are all for sale. They'll listen to anybody with money or perceived influence.

If the clubs in this state had sent a check to the recently deposed governor for instance, we could own the state parks again. One of the reasons I left the last timid club I was in was the dumbfounded look on their faces when I suggested the possibility of finding a friendly rep and supporting him/her, in concert with other clubs.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions