Which detector is best for water and land?

SkyPirate

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
Raleigh North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for some input from owners on which detector to buy for use in shallow water and on beach and land? I do not want to submerge the whole unit, just the coil and shaft. I would like to stick with a good brand and spend $400 or less. I was considering an Ace 250 but I do not think you can put it in the water. I am looking to use in shallow lakes, ponds, streams, creeks and beach surf as well as beach sand and regular dirt. Please let me know what you think and what experiences you have had with yours. Thanks, J

4-12-09 Come on people 48 views and only 3 replies???!!! I need some input, please help a newbie.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
I think there is a post under tools

where someone made an ace 250 waterproof

most coils and the connection down there are waterproof now

it would be a real real cheap model that wasn't

as long as you don't get the box (controls) wet you will be ok
same with headset

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not aware of any detector that does not have a waterproof coil and connection and that includes that Bounty Hunter and the ACE 150 your sporting.

As long as the control box remains dry your in good shape.

The problem is some detectors act squirrelly around the beach and some waterways and the fact that you may slip and take a dunk with that detector.

I feel about my detectors like I do my tools, you need the right one for the job.

I hunt along the coast and when I do I make sure I have my completely submersible detector with me.

brokenarrow

Jan 20, 2009
San Antonio,Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this detector is my first choice for water and land and for the price and and the quality in my opinion it fits the bill. not to mention the simplicity of it. its had very good reviews. now you will find some folks that totally dislike this machine for their own reasons but well do you research and you make you own call. hope you find what your looking for and good hunting.

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/detector_pro/pirate_pro_metal_detector_buy.htm

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread