Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
Land Owner says YES! Neighbour says "NO"

Theses City Crappers that move out to the outskirts are starting to be a Pain in my A$$ >:(

I started hunting a piece of property that I was granted permission near a Fort. Now part of this land was subdivided

for the City Crappers to enjoy the friendly country living and atmosphere. Yea Right!! More then once, I have bin asked to leave a

Site that I am trying to save from the Doze rs by Yuppies and their smug attitudes , you tell them that you are there with the

blessing of the land owner and all is cool, yet they still persist with there holier than now attitude and that you should leave .

Now , You all have read Mudyhands "Dave" Post on this subject , In fact Dave and I hunted a small site last week and

were asked about what we were doing by one of these older city crappers and told that he was concerned about vandales.

Now I am 48 and have a grey beard and swing a metal detector along with Dave. Some BAD looking Dudes we Are !!!!!!!!!!

Re: Land Owner says YES! Neighbour says "NO"

Although we met here on T-Net and just starting hunting together, I was not surprised that Hardy would have his own experiences with these type of people from his years of detecting. I like to hunt out there to get away from the city. Some of my friends that mostly hunt the city have twice the amount of yelling dished out to them! I have enough bosses in my life, never mind people who are sticking their noses where it doesn't belong.
When you told me that story, I was stunned like a deer caught in headlights, wondering how people could be that way. I feel your pain. >:(
Well, all we can do is be the better people. Once that coil gets moving again, it all goes away. ;D
Dave.

OP
OP
Hardy

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other

Your spot on MUDDYHANDZ, Next time we will laugh at them and tell the city crappers that they are TRESSPASSING ::)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

You have permission to hunt from the owners correct, tell them to take a hike, you are there legally..........

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

That's one of my dream scenerios! Never mind giving the "Hobby" a black eye, I'd save it for the "Trespassing" neighbor! :wink:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I would instantly approach anyone that pulls up and ask them what they are doing there. Be very protective. Act as if you are in control of the whole site and show authority. That might give them a diffrent impression then of some guy just swunging a metal detector.
Hang in there.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

yur only 48? :happy3:

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

aa battery said:

OUCH!

I would tell the nosey busy bodies very authoritatively that I was doing some imporant "historical land surveying" for the owner! That is was necessary before transferring of ownership. ;D ;D ;D

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

thrillathahunt said:
aa battery said:

OUCH!

I would tell the nosey busy bodies very authoritatively that I was doing some imporant "historical land surveying" for the owner! That is was necessary before transferring of ownership. ;D ;D ;D
Nah, tell them your looking for land mines, grandes, live rounds or something like that. :D :D :D

Ok seriously though, I know how they can be a PITA however I've been lucky to only meet a few of those. :)

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

What I would like to say is; "You must be the busybody neighbor that Mr. Landowner warned me about"...... "Well not that it's any of your business..... but I am, or was, out here enjoying my hobby without any interference until you so rudely interrupted me." :angry5:

However, what you want to say, and what you should say, are two different things.
Really..... no matter what, we should always be good ambassadors for the hobby, and who knows, the nosey neighbor may turn out to be a good guy and a good source of other property to hunt, as long as he is treated with the same courtesy and respect that we ourselves would expect. :thumbsup:

GG~

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GoodyGuy said:
What I would like to say is; "You must be the busybody neighbor that Mr. Landowner warned me about"...... "Well not that it's any of your business..... but I am, or was, out here enjoying my hobby without any interference until you so rudely interrupted me."

However, what you want to say, and what you should say, are two different things.
Really..... no matter what, we should always be good ambassadors for the hobby, and who knows the nosey neighbor may turn out to be a good guy and a good source of other property to hunt, as long as he is treated with the same courtesy and respect that we ourselves would expect. :thumbsup:

GG~
Possibly a good neighbor, but I highly doubt it! I enjoyed the first response much better, as this is the one I would have used. Well....Somewhat used. ;D

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.

"What did you say your name was Sir?" "The next time I speak to ______________ (land owner) I'll be sure to tell him that he has
at least one neighbour who has his back!" "It's so rare these days
to have good neighbours." Would you like to watch while I finish
this survey?" "I'm sure a man like you knows lots of places where
the old folks used to congregate when you were little." "I'd really
appreciate any tips that you could give me and any introductions
you could provide to land owners." "Perhaps you would be free to
ride along some day and show me places." "If you think you would
be up to it i have a spare machine that I would be glad to loan you
when we are together."

Thus endeth the lesson. If you can't dazzle them with brilliance -
baffle them with bull. siegfried schlagrule

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Siegfried Schlagrule said:
"What did you say your name was Sir?" "The next time I speak to ______________ (land owner) I'll be sure to tell him that he has
when we are together."

Siegfried Schlagrule
You are my kind of guy :notworthy:

GG~

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6

Siegfried Schlagrule said:
when we are together."

:icon_thumleft: ;D

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

hardy my bro wat ever you say i am behind you 1000%. :thumbsup:

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Well, ultimately I have to agree with the notion that we should try to keep the image of the hobby as good as possible, even though in many cases it would be nice to tell the interloper to sitck it where the sun don't shine.

I've decided that should any person continually try to berate me or insist that I leave a piece of property where I have every right to be, I'll pull my cell phone and call the police with a harassment complaint right as they stand there. I'm thinking that should take care of the problem 98% of the time.
HH
Bill

RPG

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Silver Umax, Compadre, Vaquero

Open up a can.

A can of whupass that is. :headbang:

The way I see it, They're trespassing.

OP
OP
Hardy

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other

Yo day I was hunting a area near home that produced some nice flat buttons and again I was asked why I was detecting on property that was owned by Hydro. Now I can talk up a storm with a freindly smile and good humor, the result was that the city crapper shadowed me for about 15 mins and all the time with a DEER in the head lites look :tongue3: THANK GOD THAT THE MOSQUITOES WERE OUT ! ;D my shadow left muttering to him self :laughing7:

Likely Guy

Hardy said:
Theses City Crappers that move out to the outskirts are starting to be a Pain in my A$$ >:(

I started hunting a piece of property that I was granted permission near a Fort. Now part of this land was subdivided

for the City Crappers to enjoy the friendly country living and atmosphere. Yea Right!! More then once, I have bin asked to leave a

Site that I am trying to save from the Doze rs by Yuppies and their smug attitudes...

You lost me there...

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Myself I get the police called on be several times a year. The come up ask if I'm finding anything good. ask for ID and then say good luck...

I stick around for awhile and rub it into the face of the person that called.....Then I come back a few days later..and then a couple days after that....
That really ticks them off...

One street I had them called 4 times in a week.... Never left til I was ready to leave......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread