ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I do it for the ladies... 8)

Yeah, no, j/k! For me, it's for the historical aspect of the finds... along side the relaxation it provides, and the time it gives me to just "think". Yep, so there's my answer.

Bran <><

Blacksheep

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2007
Wisconsin
I got into it when I was a kid, found a bottle sticking out of a hillside along a river while fishing. That bottle was exactly the same as one I saw in our local museum, only difference was I could hold it my hands, examine it any time I wished, let family/friends hold it up to the light and ask about the flaws in the glass, unlike most museums.

That one bottle led to an interest that morphed into sleuthing out buried history from under/in porches, back-forty farm dumps, old buildings about to be razed or remodeled, along railroad beds and inside dumpsters.

Holding an item you found, wondering about its use and the people who used it, maybe a chance to return more intimate items to families and sharing your thrill with them ( here`s one of many great examples shown here on TNET http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,211599.0.html ). I do it because I love the thrill of not knowing what will be next, and sharing it with all who wish to know. :thumbsup:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
to have a good time --find and hold history in your hands -- in some cases make a buck or two

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am with your comments 100% on this one, but would also add that I love history. I would love to be able to have a nice historical find, even if the value is not great, it would still be priceless to me.

BMan

Greenie
Oct 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Its the thrill of uncovering something, perhaps buried 5 years or 500.

Things turn up in strange places. You learn to expect the unexpected.

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in it for the booty......

Just kidding, if that was the case, I think I might be averaging $.10 an hour. It gets me out and I get some excercise and time to think. It's almost like meditating.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
godisnum1 is right. The ladies find me irresistable, out there with my DFX, kicking kids out of the way under the swings... Not really. I'm happily married to Maria. I know I'll never get rich, probably, but it's just cool to dig somethin up, regardless of what it may be.

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just like to get out and relax. It the fresh air and getting some exercise. bending and swing the arm. Then when you get that signal the trill of finding something not knowing what it is going to be. Then when you find a class ring and finding the owner and returning it and just to see their face is priceless.....Matt

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fascination with history, and thrill of what you might find. We all have our own reasons, but above all, we are "Treasure Hunters". This hobby has turned very lucrative for me, and I am very fortunate to live in the oldest part of our country. I basically got into this hobby to make $, and thats what I'm doing. Ultimately, your finds are yours. What you choose to do with them is totally up to you. Don't let anyone else try to tell you what you should do with them. It's none of thier business. :laughing7: The Hogge

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I love a mystery

History rocks my world

The exercise...mental (researching old sites) and physical

Getting lost in the moment of a great find...that's why I refer to my MD as my mental detector :laughing7:

kawalabear

Jun 24, 2008
eastern shore MD.
Detector(s) used
Garrett
love to find something odd
either old change or like just the other day we found an old metal toy wagon it was pretty deep , but it wasnt in a spot u would thing of kids playing now days,,, it makes me think waht was it like back then and picturing some little boy playing with it , who last hands touched it before we found it.

the wonder of the mystery . ;D

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The reason why for me,
You spend the time researching out a Historic site, learning who was involved in the story of it's existence. Walking into the area and looking for natural resources and searching for signs that still may be present of where an old homesite may have been or the lands layout on how a Skirmish might of took place, trying to figure what has changed over many Years and than just give a moment of Respect on how hard things must have been. than getting the Detector out hoping that I pass over something that will give me the opportunity to share in the life of an Historical moment.

Nova Treasure

Seamuss

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2009
Found under a rock, in Washington State.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Scorpion, Garrett pro pointer
A sense of adventure with a reward for perseverance. It's a little bit like gold prospecting. Don't know if I'm going to end up with a vial of flakes and flour gold for the day or hit that pocket of nuggets that add up to a couple of ounces or more. It's not so much of having the gold or treasure as much as it is the thrill of finding it. The exercise is a plus for someone in a mid life fitness program.(I'm almost sixty two)

The history and research are benefits also. I get to talk about the history of the area that I'm hunting and put a personal touch on the history and types of life style that the people had when the treasure was buried or left behind. Such as the depression and how people did not trust banks or big brother to look out for their well being.

Aug 27, 2006
WHAT KIND OF TREASURE ARE WE HUNTING TODAY ?
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E TRAC, EXCAL2,QUATTRO,WHITE 6000 DI PRO SL,EAGLE SPECTRUM,SILVER UMAX ,BANDIDO UMAX VARIOUS VINTAGE
i just gotta go out.

i have no choice in the matter

i live in the boonies and retired

there are always jobs around the house but thats work.

my hobby is my weapon against the retired persons greatest

enemies.

the table, the bed and the tv.

im a big guy and i shure dont wanna join the 300 lb. club

plus im so addicted to t net that if i hang home

i start reading and that makes me wanna go out too

i keep thinking maybe i could find some kewl jewellery or a few dirty coins

and im off.

its not detecting or treasure hunting with me i am metal hunting

or if u prefer playing with my metal detectors.

a REAL man needs at least a few.ha!

what fun they are to play with. i suppose i might do better getting to know

one machine REALLY WELL. INSTEAD im always wondering if the other

machine would find it. or what the reading is.

not to mention GOLD :laughing9: SUCH A RUSH TO FIND. but very hard to

and can be almost any signal.

thinking about the virtual millions of smaller gold that gets passed up

by people in a hurry to score a few coins makes me dizzy.

so see u out there, ill be burnin a few calories. n tryin to get enuf coin to

cover gas. and theres always that chance of 3000 dollar ring.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
kinda like asking why do you breathe to me -- I was born a treasure hunter its in the blood often.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions