how did you guys get started detecting

ckmfarms

Greenie
Jan 17, 2010
i started with my dad over 20 years ago and kinda took a interest but when your 15 girls kinda run your thoughts...fast forward a few years and while working on a school i was using a borrowed md to find underground wires ..found a bracelet...wanted to buy a detector then but had other things pressing ...now kicked wife out 4th july 2009 ..found myself bored and after being laid off i bought my dads old fisher 1280..started to get permission to hunt sights ...and im loving it..never felt more alive in my life..i may not ever return back to work as my online venture is turning a monthly profit with only about 6 hours of weekly time ...aint life grand

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I was always into in from just a child. it wasn't until I got older until I realized there were 'proffesional' tools availabe to hunt with. I remember when I was 10 and I wanted that radio shack metal detector soooo bad.

We were all there at one point. It isnt' until your older until you can spend 1 grand on a metal detector. And it's AWESOME!!!

Ask your mom for a metal detector that costs 1 grand when you were a kid... they would die laughing.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread