In search of job

17th va cavalry

Greenie
Dec 30, 2009
northern va
Detector(s) used
whites mxt 300
i know this doesnt relate to diggin or anything but im 18 just lost my job and i have tons of things to pay haha. Im posting this because i am looking around to see if there may be anyone who knows of any work or someone i may be able to work for in the general areas of harpers ferry, purcellville, leesburg, or any of the surrounding areas. im in a desperate search for a job and i cant even get hired by the local grocery store. also are there any other people in the same areas that would like to go metal detecting and maybe swap spots. i love huntin the same spots but id love to get out and see what else is there to find. My numbers 7037274586 call or text me anytime. and my emails is [email protected]

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
I'm sorry for you plight. However, I don't mean to sound mean, but the best bet you have right now is being able to live with your parents. The reason I say this is, there are so many people right now looking for work, just trying to pay for food to feed their own children and wife before they feed themselves. Its' horrible out there for jobs right now. I've had to 'dumb down' my resume so I won't be over qualified. And I still don't get bites. I'm almost 40 years old, and I have a plan that involves moving into my brothers house to live off him if I can't make my bills. I'm doing alright now with doing side work, but that's just a band aid.

What really bites, is when you hear of a 50 year old and his wife that has to move into a tent with their 2 children because they simply do not have anywhere to go. Mom and dad has passed away, so the only safe place is an overgrown area of town were other homeless people live, in a tent, and they try to get by the best they can.

I'm sorry to give this to you... but at this point, if you can't find a job to survive, you'll need family.

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello. We offer a wide variety of positions here at the 4-h camp in NC. Unfortunately, not at this time but, we are hiring RESPONSIBLE counselors and staff for our 2010 summer venue.

You must be able to pass a rigorous background check and like kids!

Camp starts in June !!!

Attachments

• 8324_4H_cartoon.gif
    8324_4H_cartoon.gif
    51.5 KB · Views: 278

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your job problems. I am retired, but I know a few friends of mine that there kids had the same problem finding a job. A few of them joined the Arm Forces. They not only are learning a trade, but serving there country also.. Something you may want to check into. Good Luck Shane

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
shane41 said:
Sorry to hear about your job problems. I am retired, but I know a few friends of mine that there kids had the same problem finding a job. A few of them joined the Arm Forces. They not only are learning a trade, but serving there country also.. Something you may want to check into. Good Luck Shane

I,m not a recruiter or anything but I come from a military family and glad I was able to do what I did. It's a recession proof job, however when the bullets start flying then it does become more of a less desirable job for many, since it is all voulentary now instead of the draft. Good luck and I really do hate to hear about anyone losing his/her job. My thoughts go out to you and anyone else struggling in these trying times (toughest I've seen in my lifetime). HH Ron

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your setback...

Spooky gave you some good advice, never post your phone number or email on an open forum, have them IM you..... :icon_thumright:

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
if I was 18 and had no job, I would do one of two things. Join the military and let them educate me at their cost, or go to college. There is VERY little chance of a GOOD job w/o schooling. I lost my job in november of 2008 and I am 36 yrs old, no college, no education but high school. There is NO JOBS in Ohio w/o an education. So what did I do? I enrolled in school for a job in the medical field, and I feel it is the best move I have ever made, wish I had done it when I was your age

White Feather

Nov 19, 2008
Ellenton, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster, Bounty Hunter, Propwash...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang: :hello2: Military is the answer. At 18 you can retire at 38 and still have time for traveling the world and enjoying life with a guaranteed paycheck, full health coverage, life insurance and lots more. Getting out of the military at such a young age is awesome. I'm former military and live and travel aboard our boat as I have done for many years. At 65 I have been retired longer than I worked. I did, however, pull three tours in Viet-Nam in the 60's. Today's military is so far advanced technically from the time that I served it is unbelieveable. Your chances for training in more fields of advanced technologies is so far removed from what we had that you can pick out whatever you want to do when you get out at a very young age. Right now you may feel that 38 will be old. Wrong! 38 is very young to be retired and have the ability to retire and really enjoy the many years you still have ahead of you. It's also a job that is recession proof. Decide what you want to do with the rest of your life and see what the military has to offer you. It doesn't cost anything to ask. Check out all branches of the service. you will be surprised at what is offered in todays military. :thumbsup:

Let's see, what was I doing? Oh yes, I have to get back to MDing or maybe I'll throw out a fishing line.
See Ya! :laughing9: ;D :icon_pirat:

Attachments

• A BOOT KEY SUNSET.jpg
    A BOOT KEY SUNSET.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 207
  • A BOOT KEY SUNSET.jpg
    A BOOT KEY SUNSET.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 201
F

Felinepeachy

Yes, The US Military!! Where else can you get education, a job, a place to live, food, medical/dental and be able to travel the world? Also, when you get out you get veterans preference on govt jobs. Just make sure you pick a job that you can use out in the civilian world later on.

We would all be so proud of you!! :thumbsup:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a job. I waited to get sent to Viet Nam for my Senior trip, but the military isn't a bad option. Have and display a good work ethic. I hire and fire, and I see too many people who want a position rather than a job, and seem to think they should get paid for standing around and looking good for 8 hours. Be willing to do anything and don't be afraid to get dirty. I'm an Assistant Manager for a small store that did 39 million in sales last year. I go out and shovel snow, I clean the bathrooms, I crawl down into the trash compactor and unplug it when it get stopped up, I fix the floor scrubbers when they get broke, and I can unload trucks. I've never asked my employees to do anything I can't do myself. Since the American work ethic has broken down, it is very easy to exceed when you do get a job in America now. Too many people shuffle around, stretching the job to fill up 8 hours, and only get excited on payday. Do better than them. And if you think all the jobs have been taken by illegal immigrants, then learn spanish or french or fulani or wolof and you will be hired as their supervisor.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread