crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Been several months since I've been on here and I have to say I am exhausted. I have had such bad luck. Sometimes I think I have been been dealt a bad hand from God but I am a firm believer in the Lord and have been so all of my life. I have went through not 1 but 2 death's in the family since November. First my Aunt dies after 91 years. Then my so beloved Grandma dies Jan 13. She would have been 96 June 23. Then my Uncle in Corpus Christi Texas has a heart attack and had to undergo quadruple bypass surgery (November 14Th) Then my Uncles wife whom has been a longtime friend and high school friend finds out she has breast Cancer. THEN, my Uncle Mike Smith found out he has terminal bone cancer and will not live too long. WHAT ELSE CAN GO WRONG???

I'm not here to collect sympathy from other members but I have had people wondering where I have been as I am usually very active on here (sometimes to active) I know some of you get tired of seeing my hyped-up posts and personal bragging from someone who is really into the hobby.

I'm sure I'll recover but with the recent chain of events I will be set back a little for a while. I had a not so happy Holiday as I worked both to keep food on the table. My Father now has the enormous task as the executioner of Grandma's will to sort out here estate and to try to please a large family of 7 uncles and 1 Aunt.

Thanks for your support and encouragement, Ron Smith

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Ron!
Turn that rig around and head west; we've got an entire coastline now all nicely messed up due to the biggest storms in 5 years.
Bring that metal detector and I guarantee your burden will be relieved as you find coin conglomerates along the beach.
All the best,
Don..

Michaelangelo

Jun 9, 2009
Piedmont N.C.
So sorry to hear about all your sadness Ron. Sometimes it seems like life just isn't fair. From what I gather about you from all your posts (which I immensley enjoy by the way) you seem to be a hard working decent man. I'm sure good fortune will find its way back into your life. Keep the faith and may God bless.

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mackaydon said:
Hey Ron!
Turn that rig around and head west; we've got an entire coastline now all nicely messed up due to the biggest storms in 5 years.
Bring that metal detector and I guarantee your burden will be relieved as you find coin conglomerates along the beach.
All the best,
Don..

Thanks Don, I haven't forgotten about meeting up with you. I wish I could be out there now (actually I was supposed to be there now) for a friends Marine graduation in San Diego today but my grandmothers passing sent me home from Charlotte N.C. in a big hurry. Hopefully soon.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
crazyjarhead said:
Been several months since I've been on here and I have to say I am exhausted. I have had such bad luck. Sometimes I think I have been been dealt a bad hand from God but I am a firm believer in the Lord and have been so all of my life. I have went through not 1 but 2 death's in the family since November. First my Aunt dies after 91 years. Then my so beloved Grandma dies Jan 13. She would have been 96 June 23. Then my Uncle in Corpus Christi Texas has a heart attack and had to undergo quadruple bypass surgery (November 14Th) Then my Uncles wife whom has been a longtime friend and high school friend finds out she has breast Cancer. THEN, my Uncle Mike Smith found out he has terminal bone cancer and will not live too long. WHAT ELSE CAN GO WRONG???

I'm not here to collect sympathy from other members but I have had people wondering where I have been as I am usually very active on here (sometimes to active) I know some of you get tired of seeing my hyped-up posts and personal bragging from someone who is really into the hobby.

I'm sure I'll recover but with the recent chain of events I will be set back a little for a while. I had a not so happy Holiday as I worked both to keep food on the table. My Father now has the enormous task as the executioner of Grandma's will to sort out here estate and to try to please a large family of 7 uncles and 1 Aunt.

Thanks for your support and encouragement, Ron Smith

Hey Ron... I'm really sorry to hear about all the loss & hardships in your family. I have no doubt in my mind that those things are enough to crush even the strongest person's spirit. But I don't think you have "been dealt a bad hand from God"... sometimes, things just happen. I don't believe God causes bad things to happen all the time. Sometimes, things just happen. And if there is a specific reason God is "allowing" things to happen in our lives, like in the life of Job (in the Bible), it isn't our place to question God on "why" things happened the way they did. I believe everything happens for a reason... the good & the bad. If we never had difficult trials to go through, we'd never have a reason to be grateful for the good times we experience in our lives. Guess it's just one of those "The cup's half full" philosophies... :-\

Keep your chin up though....

Bran <><

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So sorry to hear all the things going on in your life. I had that in 2008 My dad 98 yrs old passed away and 6 months later my brother passed away at early age of 70 of leukemia. Will keep you in my prays. Have faith , time will heal most wounds... Shane

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
Ron, at times it does come at you from all sides & none of us can't help but feel overwhelmed.
It's the inner strength & that faith in God that pulls us thru. Wish you the best & I'm sure
brighter days are coming. All the best to you.

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Shane, Brian and Tubecity. I just have never had so much going on in my life at one time and with the Holidays it seemed to amplify the problem. Unfortunately, my family on both sides are not too close and heart disease runs in the family. To date I have lost 3 to heart attacks and 4 who have survived. My father has a stint in his heart and in his leg where he had an aneurysm a few years back. However, tobacco use has run ramped in all of my brothers and Uncles. I am the only one who is tobacco free at this time. Alcohol abuse has been an issue with everyone. So worse, some not so. Hopefully my military years of being in great shape and no partying will help extend me a little longer.

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
4-H said:
Maan. I'm sorry Ron

Not your fault, Buddy. Don't make me feel so bad. Appreciate the close knit family here on TNET. I sure don't have a whole lot left in my life now, despite the large family who never talks to me only when there is a problem. Then after it's over we never see each other again until another family emergency. We have always been individuals and self -dependent but I have one brother who I just saw for the first time in 3 years at the funeral and he lives 20 minutes away :-\

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Sorry to hear about your dilemna. Heres a little poem I read when things go wrong, maybe it will help you,too.
I'll paint you a rainbow
My stroke will be gentle,my touch you may keep
Colorful thoughts with bright verses to send
I'll paint you a rainbow,in reds,blues and gold
And deep in the center,the most vibrant hue
I'll etch from my memory,the essence of you
I'll paint you a rainbow,a bridge to my heart
So loneliness and pain,can begin to depart
Just look up at the sky,when life hits a bend
I'll paint you a rainbow,for you,my friend.

rockhound

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
rockhound said:
Sorry to hear about your dilemna. Heres a little poem I read when things go wrong, maybe it will help you,too.
I'll paint you a rainbow
My stroke will be gentle,my touch you may keep
Colorful thoughts with bright verses to send
I'll paint you a rainbow,in reds,blues and gold
And deep in the center,the most vibrant hue
I'll etch from my memory,the essence of you
I'll paint you a rainbow,a bridge to my heart
So loneliness and pain,can begin to depart
Just look up at the sky,when life hits a bend
I'll paint you a rainbow,for you,my friend.

rockhound

Thanks Rock hound. Appreciate the time and effort showing your concern. I was never good at poetry in College (one course) I just don't have the touch, I guess Ron

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there brother, its said that tough times don't last but tought people do. Easier said I know, but do the best you can.

OP
OP
crazyjarhead

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
jharhed said:
Hang in there brother, its said that tough times don't last but tought people do. Easier said I know, but do the best you can.

Thanks JH. I like the shirt :o I was a DI there

jharhed

Jan 5, 2008
Marrero LA
Detector(s) used
DFX, MX5, M6, Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loved it there! Soooo many fond memories!

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
I didn't write the poem. I wish I had, but I can't take credit for it. I do refer to it time and again when things go wrong. It has helped me through some hard times. rockhound

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hang in there man. Its tough I know. I buried a family member on Christmas eve. Things always get better but sometimes it just takes a while. Stay close to friends and family that care. Its whats working for me
Best wishes during your trials.
TnMtns

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hope things get better for you soon, doom and gloom you can overcome, its never easy. i havent seen my family for about 14 years, mom and 3 siblings, all southwest. we see our daughter often, and our son is now a combat instructor, USMC in san diego after three tours in the sandbox. unfortunately when a family member passes there are always those other family members who feel intitled to help themselves. stay strong, like to md some time with you if i ever get a house on our lot in pisgah forest n.c.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Dang, it's hell to get older. That means those farther up from us have gotten OLD. We can't get out of burying our parents, unless we're one of the few that get to reverse that order. My father had to bury his son, my brother. Then I had to bury my mother. I'm still waiting to see who buries who: Me, my father.... or... my father, me. Bad situation either way. We've all got to be buried, one way or another. It seems when we get to be a certain age, it just comes faster and faster. I'm so sorry for your bad times, and I pray and hope for comfort. - Noodle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread