Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: metal detecting conspiracy theory's abound do you think theres any truth in em

#3 is true. Or so I've heard. Another theory: it is a known fact that aluminum foil stops the rays, but plexiglass works just as well.

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: metal detecting conspiracy theory's abound do you think theres any truth in em

#3 is true ,it's ok to post a little-but don't want unwanted attention.always be helpfull ,(good for karma)-but i would not post all.

billn1956

Jan 2, 2010

If I ever was lucky enough to make a find big enough to make a change to the way i live..NO ONE would ever know enough about it to prove it. Thats just being smart.

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Remember that saying "Loose lips sink ships?" Depending at where you are at in the world depends a lot on rather you are going to say you found something or not.

There are many good examples out there of ones talking to early and losing their finds. A classic example that is being played out in the courts right now is of Odyssey; probably going to lose a lot of that treasure that they found in international waters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Swan_Project

But, back to reality for us common people........ :tongue3:

dazoff

Aug 7, 2007
Lower Mainland Vancouver,BC
Detector(s) used
To many to say

# 3 - lurkers everywhere, use to post more finds, some folks are just down right jealous. :thumbsup:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008

I've heard that there is a conspiracy with lobbyists trying to take over Congress. Boy, I hope that isn't true.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I think Sandman has it right.

I know several people who don't post finds anywhere, but they make $8-$12K per month pulling jewelry off SoCal and Hawaiian Beaches. Even though they don't post finds, they have been robbed a few times (house broken into by people who know what they do). Now everything is kept in a big gun safe.

Also know people who sell gold ore and nugget specimens at shows. They have had people follow them after they packed up and left the gold shows. When they pulled over to eat dinner, their motor home was broken into and their gold stolen.

Lot of dirtbags out there.

Best-Mike

OP
OP
M

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

the truth is out there defo big time defo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread