Willian Land Park Sacramento

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
William Land park isn't as old as the more downtown parks in Sac. are. The neighborhoods around it (homes) date to only the 1910s -ish. However, that's old enough to have barbers, and the park has put out a lot of barbers over the years. Also, even though that might have been only on the "edge of town" till the turn of the century-ish, there was a portion of it that dates to earlier. Ie.: a park was there (a portion of the modern entire park), before the city grew up around it. You'll have to do the research to find out which section that is though :) And I don't have the dates of the origin of that earlier portion/section, but I surmise 1880s or so.

One thing about that park, is it was overlooked by the yesteryear hunters of the 1970s and '80s, because the hard-core park-turf guys tended to gravitate to the older downtown parks. So ....... at least up till 15-ish years ago, there used to be some "easier pickens" at William Land park, simply because it got hunted less often in the earlier days. That may not be true now though. I haven't been there in a long time. But when I was (15-ish years ago), there were still easy 4-star "gimmee" wheaties, silver, etc... to be had there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread