Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I havent heard anything about it, but it wouldnt suprise me. There doing everything they can to get people interested in American Currency again.

whynot

Jan 27, 2005
Altamonte Springs, Florida
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 w/ 9x12 coil
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I didn't see anything mentioned on the US Bureau of Engraving Printing web site, but anything is possible...

Here's the US Mint's schedule for the rest of this year... Lots of new $1 coins...
-whynot

01/12/2010 2009 Northern Mariana Islands Official First Day Coin Cover (WB6)
01/22/2010 2010 Native American $1 Coin Rolls
01/29/2010 2010 Kennedy Half-Dollar Bag and Two-Roll Set
02/11/2010 2010 United States Mint Presidential $1 Coin Proof Set™
02/18/2010 Millard Fillmore $1 Coin Rolls
02/25/2010 2010 American Veterans Disabled for Life Silver Dollar

03/23/2010 2010 Boy Scouts of America Centennial Silver Dollar
03/26/2010 United States Mint Presidential $1 Coin & First Spouse Medal Set™ - Millard Fillmore
March First Spouse Series One-Half Ounce Gold Coin - Abigail Fillmore
March Abigail Fillmore Bronze Medal 1 5/16"
April Millard Fillmore $1 Coin Cover
April 2010 Presidential $1 Coin Uncirculated Set (P&D)
April America the Beautiful Quarters™ Bags and Rolls Two-Roll Set - Hot Springs (AR)
May 2010 United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Proof Set™
May Franklin Pierce $1 Coin Rolls
May/June 2010 United States Mint America the Beautiful Quarters Silver Proof Set™
June America the Beautiful Quarters™ Bags and Two-Roll Set - Yellowstone (WY)
June First Spouse Series One-Half Ounce Gold Coin - Jane Pierce
June Jane Pierce Bronze Medal 1 5/16"
July Franklin Pierce $1 Coin Cover
July 2010 United States Mint Uncirculated Coin Set®
July/August 2010 United States Mint Proof Set®
July/August America the Beautiful Quarters™ Bags and Two-Roll Set - Yosemite (CA)
August 2010 American Eagle Platinum Proof Set™
August James Buchanan $1 Coin Rolls
August/September 2010 United States Mint Silver Proof Set™
September First Spouse Series One-Half Ounce Gold Coin - Buchanan's Liberty
September Buchanan's Liberty Bronze Medal 1 5/16"
September America the Beautiful Quarters™ Bags and Two-Roll Set - Grand Canyon (AZ)
September United States Mint Presidential $1 Coin & First Spouse Medal Set™ - James Buchanan
September/October James Buchanan $1 Coin Cover
November America the Beautiful Quarters™ Bags and Two-Roll Set - Mount Hood (OR)
November Abraham Lincoln $1 Coin Rolls
December First Spouse Series One-Half Ounce Gold Coin - Mary Todd Lincoln
December Mary Todd Lincoln Bronze Medal 1 5/16"
December First Spouse Bronze Medal Series: Four-Medal Set
December Abraham Lincoln $1 Coin Cover

Texasgopher

Jan 26, 2009
Amarillo
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Have not heard this. I get coin world and they usually give information about new paper curency as well but they haven't mentioned this. Doesn't mean it's not true though. I think it would be kinda cool as I really liked the two dollar bills.

TG

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I want to see the return of the wooden nickle....would we get our wood from China?

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
I've seen advertisements in the paper about 50 states $2 bills. They are put out by a private company though.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice trick.........

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love it, that is realy kool.

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
mlayers said:
At work last night a gy was telling me that the mint was going to make some new $2 bills. They are going to do them like they did the quarters. So there will be 50 of them 1 for each state. I hve not sen anything abou this yet so was wondering if anyone else has.....Thanks Matt

They are selling them now ..... from the folks that brought us limited edition colorized state quarters. They took a batch of $2 bills and over printed them with designs for each of the fifty states. Looks like the bills they printed were Crisp Uncirculated before they were ruined. When you get it it is still a "genuine" $2 bill and it is still worth $2. It will never be worth more and according to today's edition of my local paper it will only cost you $12 and shipping (unspecified amount) for four of the bills in a special "wallet" (most likely a plastic checkbook cover. While you are on the phone during this extremely limited 48 hour sale you will be given the opportunity to purchase a set of fifty notes covering the whole country in a custom wooden case. That price is not specified but I'll bet it is somewhere between $450 and $499 mainly because the credit card fraud alerts go off at $500. As proof that this is something new the photo blow up shows a Series 2003 $2 bill.
siegfried schlagrule

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread