Walkin around a possible hunt... WOOOH

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2009
MA
Down the street from my home, there is an empty field where a house was tourn down.
A fairly large lot, I saw a path to the back of the house, so I followed it.
I saw an old well that was sealed, there are pipes near by so I assume that the modern age took it over.
Should I unskrew the lid ??? :tongue3:

Attachments

• well1.jpg
    well1.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 503
  • well4.jpg
    well4.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 512
  • well3.jpg
    well3.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 505

Arid-Zone-A-seeker

Jan 26, 2010
High Country Arizona
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter, Tesoro LOBO Supertrac, Garrett Infinium,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like the bolts were peened over to keep kids out, just don't fall to your death,,,, Have you detected around the well?
Might be easy to get permission, if ya just ask.
Nice picture though. Arid

ZINCLID

Apr 2, 2010
ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
Mostly Tesoro units-I've owned five of them--but I've used Whites,Fishers,Garretts,Nautilus, Minelab, and Detex.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: You just might be able to find some neat stuff at this site...well is capped off with a metal plate to keep folks from falling down it. Wells sometimes were depositories of trasure, but I'd bet the folks aren't going to let you take that plate of metal off for a search down the well with a magnet or something...so don't bother asking about that. Just get permission to search all around the well and the structure and see what turns up. You just may be surprised.

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
Ask for permission and detect that site. Leave the well alone as you would be responsible if anyone or a pet fell into it. They are pretty dangerous even if you have help and proper equipment.

master mason

Apr 26, 2010
in a house
Detector(s) used
tesoro umax II fisher f 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
swing it first with permission then call me and we can dig the well 000-555-1212 oh the bottles we might find j/j cool spot

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread