I have people ignoring my posts in my Profile. How many can you get?

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was updating my profile and noticed I have 3 people ignoring my posts. I don't recall ever getting a PM from anyone to tell me to buzz off so all I can figure out is they don't like what I have to say about their detector or they totally disagree with what I have to say. That is their privilege. It is like the people that don't like what they hear so they put their hands over their ears or run away.

I don't have anyone ignored though one I know I should, but he makes me laugh with his outlandish posts. I like to be polite and answer his questions but wonder if he is just jerking us around.

How many are ignoring your posts? :laughing7:

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There loss Sandman! There's plenty of people here, that enjoy reading your posts, and need your advice. I for one would like to thank you for bringing so much knowledge to this site. :icon_thumright:

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
I'm surprised to see you have three Ignores, Sandman.

I currently have two dowsers, a Phillipines member, and interestingly, one of my favorite posters, Spooky, has me on Ignore. I suspect for religious reasons.

Profile - Ignore users settings_1270022515410.png

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
SWR said:
I tend to use the Ignore feature when someone has posted a super HUGE picture or long URL that causes me to use the scroll bar to read posts. Not that I permanently ignore that person.
Yea , that is a little distracting. I have a feeling some don't have the software or can't figure it out how to resize. I for one am far from computer savy.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just looked and have 8 ignoring me. ;D I wouldn't let it bother you as it can be something as simple as correcting someone and they can't handle the truth, so click to ignore. It's just like when the kids used to run away from me at school. :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have 2, one hasn't posted since early January, monitors warned him about forum rules he was constantly breaking and that he was on the verge of being banned. The other one hasn't posted since November and is the mystery to me, as there are no threads where he and I have posted together and never communicated via IM...?

I had put a couple on ignore in the past, but have remove them and ignoring none.......

IP, hard to imagine you have 8 people ignoring you, never seen any of your posts that heated.......

Does the wife count?

PJ in WI

Mar 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE and an ACE 250
Sandman. You are an outstanding poster. I have always enjoyed your thorough, knowledgeable posts. If someone wants to ignore you it is their loss.

F

Felinepeachy

LOL, I have three people ignoring me. One of them is Lasivian. It's a proud moment :hello2: ;D

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have always enjoyed reading your posts and the information you shared. You were even kind enough to go out of your way to send me additional information and that was appreciated. I just looked at my ignore list and it reads like a dictionary :laughing9: I wonder how many besides you and perhaps 3 others will ever see my words of wisdom :laughing9:

Keep posting, you have interesting reading and finds. :icon_thumleft:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
I have 2, one hasn't posted since early January, monitors warned him about forum rules he was constantly breaking and that he was on the verge of being banned. The other one hasn't posted since November and is the mystery to me, as there are no threads where he and I have posted together and never communicated via IM...?

I had put a couple on ignore in the past, but have remove them and ignoring none.......

IP, hard to imagine you have 8 people ignoring you, never seen any of your posts that heated.......

Does the wife count?

It's funny because the ones I expected to see there aren't, and out of who are, only one I recognize. I don't think it has to get heated because I've seen quite a few people take things the wrong way and make a big deal of nothing.

I'm not married, so a full 8. ;D

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
I've just looked and four people are ignoring me :D Three of them I've never even heard of :icon_scratch:

IP, what are you doing chasing kids round schools? You'd get arrested for that here :D

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
I've just looked and four people are ignoring me :D Three of them I've never even heard of :icon_scratch:

IP, what are you doing chasing kids round schools? You'd get arrested for that here :D

I didn't say I was chasing them! ;D

FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Sandman their loss, I realy enjoy your post , they are so full of great information. Keep it up.

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Sandman you are an inspiration to newbie detectorist like me.
We have exchanged many PM's, you gave me very solid advic.
I would love to meet you someday in person and maybe go detecting together.
If somebody has you on ignore.......just smile as they are probably jealous of your nowledge.
Take care,
Mike

Saturna

Bronze Member
May 24, 2008
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
Detector(s) used
White's 4900 DL Max, Tesoro Deleon
A while ago, there was a member named tatertot (or something like that) who seemed to have practically everybody on Ignore.

The Ignore "member search" allows wildcards (*), so if someone wanted to, I guess they could just put a (*) in the Ignore box for a joke, and everybody would be ignored.

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
Wow, I don't have any people ignoring my posts, but I wouldn't worry about it if I did. Anyone that ignores others posts must have some kind of problem with other peoples reality. Either religion,politics or maybe jealousy over finds that are posted. I say to each his own. I like to hear different views on all subjects from metal detectors to digging tools. Also I read most posts as I can always find information I did not know, or confirm what I did know. This is one of the best forums I have been on, and I am glad to see so many people freely giving out information to those less knowledgeable in treasure hunting. I have had several arguments in the past, and will probably again.If you don't take the time to read all pertinent posts, then you are missing out on a chance to see subjects through someone else eyes. You don't have to agree with someones posts, but to ignore their posts is not the way to settle disagreements that are probably just values that were instilled into us by our upbringing. Our beliefs are usually instilled into us by our parents. Anyway, keep posting Sandman, I like your posts, and find good information in most of them. I am not saying I agree with all your posts, but I do respect your opinions and they do carry a lot of weight in my decision making. I am not manufacturer sensitive, so I am always looking for somethung better than what I have presently. Happy Hunting. rockhound

keverett

Feb 9, 2009
The NO town, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac w/ Sunray X-1 Pro Coil and 10x12 SEF, Tesoro LST
Sandman, not sure why anyone would ignore you, anyone with half a brain could see that you have tons of experience, and know your stuff. I only have one member ignoring me at the present time.....I have never spoken to him either...I'm not going to lose any sleep over it though. :laughing9: Keep the posts coming, and the large majority of us, will continue to read and enjoy your posts!

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
OK Sandman.........I took you off ignore. You've straightened up & seem to be flying right although you still owe me that $50, but we'll get around to that at a later date. :D
Just kidding ya, cant imagine why ANYBODY here would ignore you. I bet Ive got more people ignoring me than you do! :icon_thumleft: Dont let em get to you, its their loss! 8)

Mighty AP

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2006
Livin' in a tar-paper shack in the woods of Easter
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, Whites QXT, Garrett Pro-Pointer, "Mighty" Diggin' Tool
Well just looked & got a big surprise.........Nobody is ignoring me!!! I must be slipping, becoming "nice" in my advanced age perhaps. Enough of that crap, time to kick some holes in the walls & tick some people off!!! :headbang: Just kidding Jeff........I'll be a good boy. :wink:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty AP said:
Well just looked & got a big surprise.........Nobody is ignoring me!!! I must be slipping, becoming "nice" in my advanced age perhaps. Enough of that crap, time to kick some holes in the walls & tick some people off!!! :headbang: Just kidding Jeff........I'll be a good boy. :wink:

I have had you on ignore since day "1" AP, how come I still see your posts :dontknow: You really are the most annoying and obnoxious poster on this site.. Oh sorry, that is me I am talking about ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions