Hello Need help with pictures would appreciate it!

olekyground

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey friends..

For about a year and ahalf now I have been taking a picture of my finds with each hunt and adding them in a folder labeling them hunt 1 hunt 2 etc... But my 2009 folder has about 55 hunts and when I open the folder I make on my computer it scrambles them up. is there any othetr thing I can use that wont dom that? or if I can fix it to where it wont do it.. thanks!

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's odd, never heard of that happening. I have many photos divided into many folders and they stay where they belong.
Are you Vista, XP, or 7?

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think he means that they are not in the right numerical order. Change your names to includes 2 or 3 digits like "hunt 001". That way they will be in order.

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I got ya. Digital cameras assign a file number to every picture and video you take and will open them in the numerically assigned order unless you re-name the file.
It will then open them numerically first, alphabetically second.
If you re-name a pic 'AAA' expecting it to be first in the file the next time you open said file, that won't happen even after you've physically dragged it into the position you wanted the first time. The file will always default back to the proper order.
Try making a new folder that will hold your other hunt subfolders. Re-name this master folder 'DetectorHunts2010' or something. Drag your subfolders into this master. You will have to do some creative editing within the subfolders to get all your pictures into the order you prefer.
Make sense?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread