Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, and it is a favorite find because I know who owned it by the history of the site, and his initials being on the ring. He was born in Holland in 1735, Imigrated to New York City, then to my area about 1786. He died approx. 1810.

Attachments

• sr1.jpg
    sr1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 650
  • sr2.jpg
    sr2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 637
  • sr1.jpg
    sr1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 583
  • sr2.jpg
    sr2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 609
OP
OP
girardpaguy

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QDII / Cen Tec Pinpointer
Iron Patch said:
Yep, and it is a favorite find because I know who owned it by the history of the site, and his initials being on the ring. He was born in Holland in 1735, Imigrated to New York City, then to my area about 1786. He died approx. 1810.
That is outstanding. I love the history behind the Free Masons. That is some great detective work on your part. I bet he was sorry he lost that.
Thanks for sharing with me.
HH

OP
OP
girardpaguy

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Spooky said:
I have only found ONE, it was a masonic lapel pin, 32 degree, 10k
Pretty common, but this version appears more ornate and well made than the examples I see posted on teh webz: http://www.masonicsupplyshop.com/product_images/a/634/dpp_821__80654_zoom.jpg
Sorry bout the pic.
Geat Find Thanks for sharing with me. I love the history behind the Free Masons. It is one of my goals in life is to find a something relating to the Free Masons.

Thanks again and
HH

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
girardpaguy said:
Iron Patch said:
That is outstanding. I love the history behind the Free Masons. That is some great detective work on your part. I bet he was sorry he lost that.
Thanks for sharing with me.
HH

I knew the history of the site and have been detecting there almost 10 years. I found the ring in 2008 so happy I never completely gave up on the place.

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
Here is one guys,
An early 1920s (maybe earlier) masonic watch, with chain and pen knife fob.
All masonic.
The really cool part is it still keeps perfect time.
Case is 18ct, chain and fob are 10 ct.

Attachments

• Watch 1.jpg
    Watch 1.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 588

maui

Dec 3, 2007
maui, hawaii
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wow old dog, very, very nice.
take care and be safe out there. ron

OP
OP
girardpaguy

girardpaguy

Dec 11, 2008
Girard Pa
Detector(s) used
Old Dog said:
Here is one guys,
An early 1920s (maybe earlier) masonic watch, with chain and pen knife fob.
All masonic.
The really cool part is it still keeps perfect time.
Case is 18ct, chain and fob are 10 ct.
Thats is very cool. Thanks for sharing. It is on my list to find in my lifetime.

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea my pal did when he broke into one of thier masonic lodges then he found jail time when he came up against the judge and you guessed it a member of that same lodge.

true story

ps and no it wasn't my good self I really meant my pal. lol

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder why they are called the "Free Masons", when you have to pay dues :dontknow:

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
I believe the trem Free mason Referrs to a time when an apperntice was indentured for a time to a master craftsman.
When the apprentice achieved a status equal to the master he was released and Free to ply his trade elsewhere as a ...
free tradesman

kurt-ks

Apr 13, 2010
south central Kansas
Detector(s) used
E-Trac,F75ltd,Explorer Se,G2
I found this at a 1880's ghost town site,it has something to do with the Knights of the Templar. I sent in a few photo's to a Free Mason's site but they where not able to tell me anything about it,after that I kinda hit a dead end on research.It tested at a jewelry store as 24k gold about 1/8th inch thick overlay on copper or brass on both sides(nothing on back,just some edge work on the gold).Looks like it had a skull and cross bones soldered on the front? If anyone could tell me more about it,I sure would appreciate it. HH

Edit:Forgot to add it is about 2"X2" and sorry about the pic size,still learning :read2:

Attachments

• masonic badge.jpg
    masonic badge.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 541

Jowlz

Aug 6, 2006
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500GTI/Minelab Explorer SE
Knight's Templar Breast Star is my best guess. Probably a custom piece. I have never seen one like it. The symbols are puzzling. The maker was most likely not a Mason. The solder on the front I have no idea...

kurt-ks

Apr 13, 2010
south central Kansas
Detector(s) used
E-Trac,F75ltd,Explorer Se,G2
Thanks for looking:I re-sized it for everyone(sorry about that) I have an encyclopedia of the Mason's and have found all the symbols but just not together?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
"latin" for --in this sign you will conquer--- ( romen emperor --was said to have seen a "cross" in the suns rays as he looked over where the battle would be the next day --that night he dreamed that a angel told him to paint cross's upon the mens sheilds and that he would win --he was grossly out numbered and the next days battle was a huge victory ** he said he was aided by the "christian god" that day and allowed them to worship freely making christain the offical religion of rome."

Jowlz

Aug 6, 2006
Northeastern Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett 2500GTI/Minelab Explorer SE
kurt-ks said:
Thanks for looking:I re-sized it for everyone(sorry about that) I have an encyclopedia of the Mason's and have found all the symbols but just not together?

Yes. If it is a Breast Star, they commonly have only a Cross. The mixture of Blue Lodge Symbols and Templar Symbols is interesting. The symbols on the right (Pick, Shovel & Bar) Symbol is the most interesting. It is a Masonic Symbol, and its meaning is clear but just not very common. My guess is that whoever had it made, included the Blue Lodge Symbols so he could wear it to his Mason Lodge also. It's a fantastic piece :)

Tubecity

Bronze Member
Mar 11, 2007
sw Pa.
The symbols on the right (Pick, Shovel & Bar) Symbol is the most interesting. It is a Masonic Symbol, and its meaning is clear but just not very common.
==================================================================
I agree & likely related to the Templars work at the 'Temple'. The skull & crossbones were actually worn
on a triangular apron by some Commandries in the 1800's. I have also seen this symbol on some lapel pin
reproductions that can be purchased today. I have no idea when this symbol was dis-continued. But you
have a great find there.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
om very old christan crosses there was a skull and cross bones ay christ feet -- "it meant "christ" has defeated death" -- the skull and crossed bones has been the "symbol of death" for a long long time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread