FCCDFEd

Sep 29, 2007
Terra Bella, Ca.
Detector(s) used
DFX, IDXPro, MXT, Lobo St., At Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Knee pad's What do you use?

I got a pair from the local home improvement center for about $10. They consist of an exterior plastic knee protector with a interior pad against the knee. I wear them all the time and use them on every hunt. My pair has two straps one just below the knee and the other above, but sometimes the straps bite. I have found just how much to tighten them and it really is not a problem anymore. I also like the fact that the pad keeps the pant knee from getting wet.

I saw someone the other day recommend a set of knee pads that are worn by volleyball players. They stated that there is only one strap below the knee and that it is allowed to flex at the top of the knee and there is no bite. I may try a set next time I replace mine.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I have 3 pair. 2 are construction grade and the third is a pair of those things you buy at sports stores. I don't wear the const ones as they are too big and bulky. The sport ones are more comfortable but old and threadbare. If you like the sport ones but find them too tight, cut the elastic and have some full length velcro sewn on. That would also mean you can get them off without running them over your shoes. That would be my choice. TTC

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II

For field work...street hockey kneepads. Flexible hard plastic with velcro straps. :thumbsup:

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II

I use a pair I got from Harbor Freight, they have one strap thats velcro, hard plastic front and pretty good padding on the knee, paid about $8-10 and they work good for me.

S

stefen

Might want to check with Medical Uniform outlets...not sure which model the Head Nurses use :coffee2:

All kidding aside, Home Depot and other constuction vending outlets have pads...also look online for masonry and concrete appurtanance suppliers...

Woodland Detectors

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
Toll Free ~ 855~966~3563
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Honestly?
I have used just about every type from the most expensive to the cheapest.
If you want my honest opinion, I have to say the plain black rubber knee pads for 8 bucks at Home Depot or lowes last me about the same as the expensive pair. They are light weight and you can wear them comfortably in the summer time. The only down fall is the strap that comes with them. I fashion my own from a strip of neoprene and Velcro. I hope this helps.
Mike

OP
OP
NoNeck

NoNeck

Aug 31, 2010
Wichita Falls, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Ace 250, Garrett PP, Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank you all for your response. I will check out some and decide on what to go with while keeping in mind what you have all told me. I appreciate it.

Mike in Berks

Jun 17, 2007
Detector(s) used
4/DB Spectrum XLT DFX

I'm mainly a dirt digger I always wear long jeans I never wear shorts
I've bought 2 pair of KneePros in 14 years. 1 of the first pair wore out
but they did improve them. I can't remember what i paid for them.
They were well worth it though. You might want to check em out
main_ultraflex3.jpg

http://www.kneepro.com/ultraflex.htm

billfishbelize

Jun 21, 2010
central america
Detector(s) used
fisher cz-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

When my nephew came back from Iraq he gave me his pair that military issued him ,they are great. Don't know if you can get them yet at surplus or not. Capt. Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions