I received many emails asking why this buckle didnt make the banner?

PEles

Apr 20, 2009
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I received many emails asking why this buckle didnt make the banner?

Guys & gals I don't have a clue. Last time I posted a rare find( 1795 half dime mint condition) I was told I was too new and hadnt posted enough, Ok I'll go with that, this time surely most seasoned detectorists knows that a find like this is a rare and an exremely desireable find with a high monetary value to it, so what gives?? Some have said it was because I didnt post it dirty and maybe they think it's not real?? Sorry don't buy it, This find just like my 1795 half dime is as real as it gets and I dug them. This buckle was posted absolutely just like I dug it in the south carolina lowcountry as was my 1795 coin. Anybody with any common sense knows not to clean a find like either one of these. So come on Jeff where's the consistency with this banner stuff. I honestly can't find anything much better than these last 2 things :dontknow: I understand about my last find but kinda feel like I got the shaft on this one and by my emails and replys many of your readers feel the same way. Does it have anything to do with the depot???? Hmmmmmm makes me wonder. Sorry if you feel it's not real but take a look at some of these buttons I've dug down here. They're dug, I found them and they pretty much look now just like they came out of the ground. Is it my fault the SC lowcountry has some of the prettiest dug relics in the world ??? :headbang: Again I'm feelling like I got the shaft bigtime on this because if this rare, gorgeous, piece isn't banner worthy then nothing is!

Laszlo

Attachments

• 1795.jpg
    1795.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,139
  • tounge.jpg
    tounge.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,132
  • incomingbaby.jpg
    incomingbaby.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 1,117
  • stateseals.jpg
    stateseals.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 1,154
  • 1795.jpg
    1795.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 1,145
  • inspire.jpg
    inspire.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 1,129
  • tounge.jpg
    tounge.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,134

55th Massachusetts

Jun 5, 2009
Detector(s) used
Nautilus
Re: I got many emails asking why this buckle didnt make the banner?

BANNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Robert Bohrn!!!!!

courtjesterclown

Oct 7, 2010
Colorado/West Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic III, Ace 250, Bullseye 120

pretty hard to argue against that making the banner. great finds nevertheless :headbang:

Yard Digger

Dec 20, 2009
Manila, Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 with Bounty Hunter Headphones and TX-2002 Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

They are great finds. Looks like Banner worthy to me. :dontknow:
HH, Yard Digger

U

umrgolf

Great finds Laszlo, keep posting and ignore it.. I've lost my temper here a time or two, but you'll find out its really not worth it. The vast majority of people here enjoy your finds, including me. :icon_thumleft:

The people who say your stuff isn't dug will never understand, but they have certainly forgotten the reasons they signed up to be a forum member.

kyphote

Jan 12, 2010
Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, GPX 4800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

umrgolf2010 said:
Great finds Laszlo, keep posting and ignore it.. I've lost my temper here a time or two, but you'll find out its really not worth it. The vast majority of people here enjoy your finds, including me. :icon_thumleft:

The people who say your stuff isn't dug will never understand, but they have certainly forgotten the reasons they signed up to be a forum member.

I actually fall into that category of people losing their temper recently. But UMR is right. It's not worth it. You know what you found and so do a lot of others who applaud you for it. :hello2:

OP
OP
PEles

PEles

Apr 20, 2009
Lowcountry, South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus !
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Thanks fella's appreciate it

Nothing worse than being accused of not digging your relics. Sad to say it but there sure are some jelaous individuals in this hobby. If I post it I dug it, simple as that, end of story!

Laszlo

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I enjoy your finds and making banner is just frosting on an already great find. I do not claim to understand the methodology of banner selections and it is not my place but it should not cloud a stellar find. I do not care if anything (I find) makes banner I just enjoy sharing with like minded enthusiast. I enjoyed your relic. :hello:

U

umrgolf

Re: Thanks fella's appreciate it

PEles said:
Nothing worse than being accused of not digging your relics. Sad to say it but there sure are some jelaous individuals in this hobby. If I post it I dug it, simple as that, end of story!

Laszlo

All year I have been told "some people are saying you buy your finds" It's laughable. Don't worry about it man. Some people really believe that all finds will come out in the same exact condition in all the different types of soil. ::) It's just a lack of knowledge, and a even more-so, a lack of wanting to learn how different soil conditions affect metals differently..

I showed your youtube video to everybody I know today :laughing9: :laughing9: In all seriousness, that is an amazing collection of finds. Not too many relics you haven't seen.

txconservative

Jul 26, 2010
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350 / Cobra Beach Magnet / Garrett Treasure Ace 300

Just brush 'em off man, it's not worth the bull. You've got some amazing finds !

You definitely deserve the banner on each and every piece !!!

:laughing9:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Why do we have a nominate for banner button if it is a selection process of a few but with many given the chance to vote???? I know of one relic floating by up there that did not meet the criteria of being a recent find it was very obvious therefore not eligible yet is got shoved through to appease other mods ... yet thar she blows across the top.
Maybe we need to do away with the democratic vote as other always seem to know best. I say if everyone votes for my cracker jack ring then it should go on top.
I would like to see March write code to show how many banner votes an item gets and not a jury of one maybe two making the decision. So what if we have all buckles or Roman coins on top.
I say prove it was not dug or found .
Ok I am over this :icon_sunny: Maybe just enjoy your finds...

CowboyKolo

Nov 11, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
White Eagle Spectrum

TnMountains said:
Maybe we need to do away with the democratic vote as other always seem to know best. I say if everyone votes for my cracker jack ring then it should go on top.
Even though your talking about a website, rather than the government, Rush Limbaugh would have another heart attack if he heard you say that... :thumbsup:

BURLIVES

Apr 14, 2009
Northeastern Pa.
Detector(s) used
CZ 6a

Damn! that half dime is awsome....I have 32 years of fabulous finds, a friend who has been retired since 1990 makes what I have found look paltry. We both of been accused of buying our finds. Believe me I've been there when people have unearthed stuff you can't believe. It does happen! That's what makes this hobby rock!.Just when you haven't found anything great for a long time, then BAM there it is! Just like that 1914 ring up on the banner, WOW! Research, time and persistance pay off. Great job, congratulations!...IVES

Night Stalker

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2004
Florida
Detector(s) used
Omega 8000 & Tesoro Cortes
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I also know the feeling of people demanding evidence - just ignore them, it's not worth it. Why should you have to "prove" anything to a complete stranger on a forum? As years go by and people post more and more, eventually, they slip up and and their fraud is exposed....I say congrats on your finds, thanks for posting! :thumbsup:

CowboyKolo

Nov 11, 2007
Nebraska
Detector(s) used
White Eagle Spectrum

First off, let me say that they are beautiful items. Now, I'm going to play devils advocate, but this is not directed at these items specifically...

For a rare item to be found in the field is like winning the lottery, but to find rare items, especially in that condition, in a shop or online is a great find too!

Found in the ground, or in a shelf, take pride in being able to expand "your" collections.
People often forget the name of this website is Western and Eastern Treasures is about the treasures themselves. The story of how/where they were found is just the gravy for us who only get to see the pretty pictures and daydream about finding similar objects.

The recognition we all hope to get is to be put on the banner, but the truth of the matter should be that we enjoy our finds, and that someone else enjoys seeing them too. Does it really matter if it's put up on the banner or not? Perhaps to some. But if I obtained an original Monet, or a rare gold coin, would it REALLY matter how? Sure, more people would be impressed I found it in an iron rich area, six inches down, than if I went to an auction and paid a premium price for it. But it doesn't change the fact that it's in my hand now, and part of my collection. And, if you tell the story right...

"So there I was, with numbered paddle in hand, and two other people were constantly raising theirs to raise the price. It made me want to raise mine to their heads. But after twenty minutes, and stressing I would need to get a third job to pay for my bid, I finally got the winning one as the other two lacked the courage or credit."

Just my .02 worth

soupie

Bronze Member
Jun 9, 2006
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Any marketing or advertising gurus care to enlighten us?
Because when you get down to it,that's the driving force.
Sure there is probably favortism,disbelief,and even dislike that prevents or enables a trip up top,without set in stone rules,and left to us humans,it happens
But the bottom line is,it isnt worth getting upset over.... :icon_thumleft:

You have a Banner find in my book Laszlo :thumbsup:

HH Soup

SC Keith

Aug 25, 2010
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Hey Pete,
If the SC tounge does not go to the top, then no other CS relic should make the banner in the future!! :laughing9: Keep posting those amazing finds and inspiring the rest of us that love relics. You're tearing it up this year bro!
Keith

Colonial Copper Zeus

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2007
Milky Way Galaxy
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision Spectra

Any time a banner worthy find is not placed at the top it cheapens all the rest that did make it due to the unprofessional way the banner is managed. I say take it down completely or run it the way it should be.
Chris

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

PEles said:
Guys & gals I don't have a clue. Last time I posted a rare find( 1795 half dime mint condition) I was told I was too new and hadnt posted enough, Ok I'll go with that, this time surely most seasoned detectorists knows that a find like this is a rare and an exremely desireable find with a high monetary value to it, so what gives?? Some have said it was because I didnt post it dirty and maybe they think it's not real?? Sorry don't buy it, This find just like my 1795 half dime is as real as it gets and I dug them. This buckle was posted absolutely just like I dug it in the south carolina lowcountry as was my 1795 coin. Anybody with any common sense knows not to clean a find like either one of these. So come on Jeff where's the consistency with this banner stuff. I honestly can't find anything much better than these last 2 things :dontknow: I understand about my last find but kinda feel like I got the shaft on this one and by my emails and replys many of your readers feel the same way. Does it have anything to do with the depot???? Hmmmmmm makes me wonder. Sorry if you feel it's not real but take a look at some of these buttons I've dug down here. They're dug, I found them and they pretty much look now just like they came out of the ground. Is it my fault the SC lowcountry has some of the prettiest dug relics in the world ??? :headbang: Again I'm feelling like I got the shaft bigtime on this because if this rare, gorgeous, piece isn't banner worthy then nothing is!

Laszlo

I Can only tell you why I Have second Thoughts Now.

#1 You Complained :tongue3: with this Thread.

#2 You brought up the Depot ? They may be a Good
Site, However, What does the Depot have to do
with TNet ? I Don't believe in Putting down any site
for the purpose of Conflict.

#3 IF I Post it now, what's to keep everyone else from
Complaining when they Don't get a Banner ? Hopeing
it will then get Bannered.

As far as I'm concerned, I Take everyone at their
word that they dug an Item, unless They have been Known
to make false posts.

http://forum.treasurenet.com/authenticity

Please Don't take any of this as a Put down.

I Guess I Just do not Understand.

Jeff

P.S.
a Longer more Detailed
Story with it may have Caught Our eye

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions