deus XP metal detector

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Deus is to expensive for what it is in my view, then add new coil costs which are very high due to the transmitter/receiver and battery. Battery replacement still needs a return to France to have it done. Beach performance not that good. Will not work in streams/ponds etc at more than a few inches until the new coil comes out.
Plus side is that it does save buying two detectors if you like XP's. I had one low (for pasture) and one high frequency XP (for ploughed/rolled soil).
Excellent for ancient iron infested sites.
Supposedly there may be a standard type ie wired coil machine in the pipeline in the near future. This would solve my main problems with the detector.

Marxionu who's a big XP fan posted that he could not understand why in Britain there has been a return to the E-Trac from the Deus but he himself now has an SE Pro and has found its made it worth returning to old sites that he had worked before with XP's/Fishers etc. All depends on what sites you intend to work. If there's much wet salt involved then the Minelab and Whites do cope thanks to being able to run frequencies together.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:coffee2:

I think it has teething problems :P like the first XpPowers had, but I have heard good things about it, I think it will take another year before the problems are sorted, then we might see some good things coming from the Dues :icon_thumleft:

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread