While digging your find, do most of you....?

smittyw

Jan 6, 2011
Dover, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo

bula

Mar 13, 2008
southern utah
Detector(s) used
White MXT
I use a MXT & I leave it on while I dig. I don't do plugs for the most part only a probe unless I'm in a field or in the woods. My batteries last for about 40 hours of hunting & I use re-chargable ones.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
smittyw said:
While digging out your finds, do most of you turn off your detector to conserve the batteries? I have been leaving mine on but am afraid I am probably wasting a lot of power. It is convienient to do a re-sweep when it is already working though.

Why would you do that, batteries are a lot cheaper then repairing the on/off volume pod. I do not turn off mine unless I am taking a break. If I am land hunting, my pinpointer is the DetectorPro Uniprobe, probe and detector use the same headset so I only have to change the switch to use the pinpointer.

Digger54

Dec 6, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Minelab Sovereign GT, Fisher1280X, Nautilus DMCIIB
I shift mine into neutral and let it idle. ;D

OP
OP
smittyw

smittyw

Jan 6, 2011
Dover, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Cheapo
Good, I'll keep doing as I am then. Tks, was dummy question but I haven't hunted with anyone else yet and was just trying to get an idea of how others approached the issue. Dang, can't find the idle switch though!!! ha.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
smittyw said:
Good, I'll keep doing as I am then. Tks, was dummy question but I haven't hunted with anyone else yet and was just trying to get an idea of how others approached the issue. Dang, can't find the idle switch though!!! ha.

Wasn't a dumb question, fell free to ask questions when you have them, that is how we all learned......By the way, Welcome To TreasureNet..

SeaninNH

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2010
New Hampshire USA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I turn mine to all metal no motion mode and lay it down about 3' from the hole pointing at the hole so I can wave clumps in front of it (if I'm on land). If I'm on the beack I empty my shovels of sand in front of it until I either hear it in front of the coil or see what I am digging for. It is a big help.

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry.... new people get a pass. :thumbsup:

But it only lasts 1 week. :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions