AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
???
Has anyone every tried to use their gold dredge to locate arrowheads in creeks in the lower 48? I'm leaving AK this summer and would love to still use my dredge to possibly find some arrowheads not only in plowed farm fields and creeks. Just thinking it might work even if the dredge pushes the arrowheads out the back...it would end up in a pile of rocks that could be sifted through.

I have access to two creeks on private land in the central midwest and would love to give it a try...

Your thoughts?

Ang

ok2raise

Dec 30, 2008
here
Detector(s) used
DEALER OF Garrett, & Fisher
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try building a box behind your dredge with 1/4 inch screen i do this when i look for fairy cross . i have found arrow heads this way. the creek im in is only 5 inches deep so i set it up on some concrete blocks . i have a 4 inch dredge the box is 3x3 . With a dredge this big it takes 2 one for the hose the other to keep the box cleaned out . you will be suprise what you find

OP
OP
AlaskaAng

AlaskaAng

Dec 23, 2004
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
White's XLT, MXT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ok2raise said:
try building a box behind your dredge with 1/4 inch screen i do this when i look for fairy cross . i have found arrow heads this way. the creek im in is only 5 inches deep so i set it up on some concrete blocks . i have a 4 inch dredge the box is 3x3 . With a dredge this big it takes 2 one for the hose the other to keep the box cleaned out . you will be suprise what you find

Excellent idea! The box should work good as long as I have a second person...thanks, can't wait to try it!
Ang

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread