How To Program Fisher F75 Special Edition (Iron & Nickel).

ASTRO

Apr 11, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75LTD
How To Program Fisher F75 Special Edition (Iron & Nickel).

I just got my First Metal Detector (Fisher F75 Special Edition) .

I buy it for only 1 reason , Search for Meteorite! (Iron & Nickel). (As Seen With The Meteorite Man Show)!.

The Manual is not easy , none Clear to me! to understand (Discrimination & Notching)! Even @youtube it was not clear!.

All I want is how to Program the Detector to look for Iron And Nickel ONLY. I Have contact the FisherLab asking for help on this matter but no reply from them so far (2 weeks waiting) althought I told them Very nice words coming from my heart about being the the most luckey Fisher Product owner on the world for buying their products :dontknow:.

Anyway , Will you kindly , Please , Please , someone tell me how to program the metal for Iron And Nickel !. I don't understand Slashes (UPPER slash and then the LOWER Slashes) ! I am new to the Metal Detector World but I know the concept .

So , Please I wish if someone , Can guide me , step by step how to do so , I will be so greatful for all my life for this person.

Thank you.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Re: How To Program Fisher F75 Special Edition (Iron & Nickel).

Iron is easy, set the detector to pick up "12" and under. Nickle, pure, is tougher. I'd set the detector to just read 0 to 15 and 25 to 35. probably nothing will allow you to find only specific metals (because of confdition, ores and overlap) but at least you'll have a start. About EVERYTHING except gold and silver looks like old iron after it's been in the soil long enough.

OP
OP
A

ASTRO

Apr 11, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75LTD

Charlie P. (NY) said:
Iron is easy, set the detector to pick up "12" and under. Nickle, pure, is tougher. I'd set the detector to just read 0 to 15 and 25 to 35. probably nothing will allow you to find only specific metals (because of confdition, ores and overlap) but at least you'll have a start. About EVERYTHING except gold and silver looks like old iron after it's been in the soil long enough.

Thank you so much , That's a Start, but how to do so (set the detector to pick up "12" and under. Nickle, pure, is tougher. I'd set the detector to just read 0 to 15 and 25 to 35). what should I do?

Do I need to set (Discrimination & Notching) + (UPPER slash and LOWER Slashes)!? If yes , Will you Kindly Tell me how , Step By Step sorry for asking so much .

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Let's see if I can do this from memory.

Select: "Discrimination". Turn the selector to "12". Click the menu button. Select "Notch". Turn the selector to 13, "click". Turn the selector to 19, "click". Turn the selector to 31, "click". Turn the selector to 65, "click". Done. 13 to 19 is dicscriminated out. In fact, the F-75 is so easy to set-up I usually do a total reset when I start out on a hunt (press the menu button in and the trigger forward when turning it on). You should see the bars in the display window crossed out.

Now the bad news. You'll probably never be able to hit pure nickel and avoid spent shotshells, old foil and small gold rings. They have the same conductivity. In spite of the name, metal detectors only recognize two metals: ferrous and non-ferrous. All other "guesses" are based on how conductive one region under the coil is compared to the rest of what's under the coil. A large object will also read a lot better on the scale because it overloads the coil.

I've never hunted meteorites, but I imagine you want to keep an eye on the Magnetite scale to the side (the Fe304 scale) as I am sure that will help you interpret hits, but someone else will have to coach you on how. For me if I get a large hit and that jumps I figure rusty iron. Lots of farm iron aound here.

Note that on the F-75 you can't notch or discriminate out anything over 65. So you'll just have to ignore all the gold and silver hits by watching the display. ;-)

Usually I just run with little discrimination and let the TDI indicate good from bad hits.

OP
OP
A

ASTRO

Apr 11, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75LTD

Charlie P. (NY) said:
Let's see if I can do this from memory.

Select: "Discrimination". Turn the selector to "12". Click the menu button. Select "Notch". Turn the selector to 13, "click". Turn the selector to 19, "click". Turn the selector to 31, "click". Turn the selector to 65, "click". Done. 13 to 19 is dicscriminated out. In fact, the F-75 is so easy to set-up I usually do a total reset when I start out on a hunt (press the menu button in and the trigger forward when turning it on). You should see the bars in the display window crossed out.

Now the bad news. You'll probably never be able to hit pure nickel and avoid spent shotshells, old foil and small gold rings. They have the same conductivity. In spite of the name, metal detectors only recognize two metals: ferrous and non-ferrous. All other "guesses" are based on how conductive one region under the coil is compared to the rest of what's under the coil. A large object will also read a lot better on the scale because it overloads the coil.

I've never hunted meteorites, but I imagine you want to keep an eye on the Magnetite scale to the side (the Fe304 scale) as I am sure that will help you interpret hits, but someone else will have to coach you on how. For me if I get a large hit and that jumps I figure rusty iron. Lots of farm iron aound here.

Note that on the F-75 you can't notch or discriminate out anything over 65. So you'll just have to ignore all the gold and silver hits by watching the display. ;-)

Usually I just run with little discrimination and let the TDI indicate good from bad hits.

THANK YOU SO MUCH , I WILL TRY IT NOW , I HOPE IT WILL WORK ON THE FILED!? .

treasurepirate1

Aug 21, 2010
Ontario canada
Detector(s) used
fisher f75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

meteorite hunting cool, i have a nickel iron meteorite that i found accidentally, left it in my rock collection found out it was a meteorite a year later after watching the meteorite men show, i have an f75 but not for meteorite hunting (instead treasure hunting) but i tested the meteorite out on my detector and it gave me a clear iron signal with a low grunt sound that magnetite does not give you, i was hoping to go looking for more meteorites just a few weeks ago in the same spot just outside my house but the lake level was too high to use the detector. i hope this helps

OP
OP
A

ASTRO

Apr 11, 2011
Abu Dhabi
Detector(s) used
Fisher F-75LTD

treasurepirate1 said:
i have an f75 but not for meteorite hunting (instead treasure hunting) but i tested the meteorite out on my detector and it gave me a clear iron signal with a low grunt sound that magnetite does not give you, i was hoping to go looking for more meteorites just a few weeks ago in the same spot just outside my house but the lake level was too high to use the detector. i hope this helps

what was your feeling when you found it ? and to know it's real visitor form the space?! My advice if you allow me , buy a Stereo Microscope and and see the all details there?! really you will like it so much, so much , I have meade Meteorite Set 24pcs. So Nice with Stereo Zoom Microscope.

I am still trying to understand my Metal Detector ! F75LTD , I wish I choice a simple one with out Discrimination (I don't know what is it?! I am sorry) ?! OR SLASH !?

Just to let you know , Here In U.A.E - Dubai , it is much much cheaper only 700 US $$ Not 1250 US (I got mine from US - I wasn't know we have a dealer here?! :'() , Why so cheap ?! they told me because no body want it or buy it?!

And Yes Desert (Good place for meteorite shearch) not so far from my place only 1hour by car to start looking for them .

Thank you for your Post.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread