10x12 EXcelorator Search Coil

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
I recently had a chance to operate a 10x12 EXcelorator search coil on a Minelab E-Trac. It seems the fella already owned one on a explorer SE and when he purchased his E-Trac he was told by the dealer it would work fine on his E-Trac so he gave him a discount minus the 11" coil,and he has been very pleased with it.
My experience with it is it seemed to be some what more stable them my 11" coil that came with my E-Trac and the target ID was much quicker and more accurate.

Would like your input on the weight of the coil and you users that have used it for some time give me some input about it's operation and weight compared to the Stock 11" coil.

I am considering purchasing one but would like to hear what you folks have to say before I make the leap.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Rick IL

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, it's heavy. I'm 6'1", and swinging that thing 5 hours straight gives the arm a workout...not to mention the beginnings of carpal tunnel on the wrist/forearm.
It is very stable over my stock coil, and gained a couple inches depth too. I'm not giving it up!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions