OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorhunter78 said:
Last time I was down, In 2004, Early Oct.. We hit the visitors center in North FL got out to 106 degrees.. So humid I could hardly breath... That is why I stay in my cave here at 72 degrees...

You must mean the heat index was 106....Heat index has hit 110.....The hottest actual recorded temperature in Orlando is 101 in July 1998..... The humidity although making it feel much hotter actually helps hold down the real temperatures, it is rare to get over 100, although it is common to be between 95 and 99 in the hot summer months...

When it is 97 degrees and your standing on the hot asphalt of one of the tourists attractions you will swear it is a 120.....

wildman4910

Sep 1, 2010
Cocoa, FL
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Treasure_Hunter said:
Spart, the speed is due to the traffic, van has no problem with speed, if the stupid vehicles in front of me would get out of the way..................

While you are at it it's time to install the twin forward facing 30mm cannon pods on the MV,
that it'll git them slow movin fools goin!

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
mid oct thru april - is my favorite time of year here in florida * ( muzzle loader hunting season is middle / end of oct the start of the good time to be outdoors in florida --the cold at night kills off the bigs fer the most part -- and march / april is great fer fighting for big catfish and bass) the cool weather makes metal detecting and all other outdoor stuff much more pleasant in my point of view -- bow seaason a bit hot and buggy sadly for the most part (mid sept to early oct)

GringoStarr

Aug 15, 2009
La Florida
Detector(s) used
Metrotech 220, Spartan 175, Metrotech 330, Garrett CXiii With Bloodhound Attachment. Garrett Hand Scanner, and others.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter.

Try these guys. ( http://samscarcool.com/ ) My mechanic said they are the best in town.

Good Luck!

The Gringo.

ps. Yes I did try them once, and left very impressed

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GringoStarr said:
Treasure_Hunter.

Try these guys. ( http://samscarcool.com/ ) My mechanic said they are the best in town.

Good Luck!

The Gringo.

Gringl, thanks for the link, I took it to Sams today, they just called me, the total bill was $300 to replace front blower, labor, change the cabin filter and they also fixed the back AC blower as well.....Everone else wanted $300+ just to do the front blower.........I highly recommend these people for anyone in the Orlando area..... :icon_thumright:

Gringo, are you in the Orlando area?

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
Pedrod said:
Treasure Hunter,

I have a nissan 2000 quest mini van - If you can feel cold A/C but the fans not blowing I think the Resistor is out.

My fan speed 123 was not working but 4 would. I went to the autoparts store and bought the Haynes Repair Mannual and replaced the resistor that it stared up again after two years of telling myself I was going to fix it. I have had the A/C back in commision so far. I went ahead and bought a new motor because running it on speed four for the last few years without the lower speeds has worn it out. Just have to find the time to put it in and it's too Hot!

Good Luck

I am not a mechanic - just a fellow THunter that tries to fix the car on my own when I can figure it out.

A fella at work actually had this same problem he has a dodge caravan luckily he knew it was the blower motor. Wouldnt blow anything so i looked it up online pretty simple! Only a 30 dollar part!! Put it in and wham! Only works on 4 hmmmmmmm!!!! Scratching my head i look it up and it say resistor so i locate it he bought a new one pulled the old one out and yep it was clearly TOAST!!! put it in and he is happy as can be!!! If you were closer i would fix it for free if you brought me the part!!! I love making/watching people smile!!!

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Ohio and my Blazer has not had the AC working in 10 yrs. Just roll the windows down and let the air blow thur. You will get used to it.......Matt

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mlayers said:
I am in Ohio and my Blazer has not had the AC working in 10 yrs. Just roll the windows down and let the air blow thur. You will get used to it.......Matt

That want work for me in our 97 degree heat with 98% humidity.............

Picked van up yesterday, they fixed the front blower motor, new cabin filter, and fixed my rear air blower as well, it now throws icecubes at me.........Total cost $315.00....Everyone else wanted $300+ just to fix the front blower alone.........

dallgire

Jul 17, 2011
Around Columbia SC
Detector(s) used
rather not say! lol ;)
Treasure_Hunter said:
mlayers said:

Picked van up yesterday, they fixed the front blower motor, new cabin filter, and fixed my rear air blower as well, it now throws icecubes at me.........Total cost $315.00....Everyone else wanted $300+ just to fix the front blower alone.........

good gravy!!!! Did you look up to see how much the blower motor was alone??? Really wish i was closer!! What year and make and model is your van?

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dallgire said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
mlayers said:

good gravy!!!! Did you look up to see how much the blower motor was alone??? Really wish i was closer!! What year and make and model is your van?

Blower motor was $95, cabin filter was $20, the rest was labor, 2 hours labor, getting to the blower motor is a major pain, the back screws are so close to the back floorboard and extremely hard to get to. I talked to someone and he told me what a pain it was getting to his back screws and he ended up breaking part of the housing.....I looked at it thinking I would do it myself before I decided I didn't want to tackle it....They also fixed the back blower, only charged me 15$ for it.....

It is a 2002 Chrysler Town and Country Minivan, 3.3L engine.....

GringoStarr

Aug 15, 2009
La Florida
Detector(s) used
Metrotech 220, Spartan 175, Metrotech 330, Garrett CXiii With Bloodhound Attachment. Garrett Hand Scanner, and others.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
GringoStarr said:
Treasure_Hunter.

Good Luck!

The Gringo.

Gringl, thanks for the link, I took it to Sams today, they just called me, the total bill was $300 to replace front blower, labor, change the cabin filter and they also fixed the back AC blower as well.....Everone else wanted $300+ just to do the front blower.........I highly recommend these people for anyone in the Orlando area..... :icon_thumright:

Treasure_Hunter,

The Gringo resides in the Orlando metropolitan area. :-)
Congratulations; a job well done.

Regards,

The Gringo

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GringoStarr said:
Treasure_Hunter said:
GringoStarr said:
Treasure_Hunter.

Good Luck!

The Gringo.

Treasure_Hunter,

The Gringo resides in the Orlando metropolitan area. :-)
Congratulations; a job well done.

Regards,

The Gringo

Let me know if you would like to get together for a beach hunt some time.....

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano Sverige said:
Americans = sooooo pampered! :tongue3:

We Brit's (and abroad) just scotch tape a long piece of copper wire to the top of our heads and trailing the ground..and go out in the storms! ;D
Yea but not in a motor with a 3.3L engine :o who could afford to run that here :laughing9:

SS

s.c.shooter

Bronze Member
Jul 28, 2008
SC
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov- AT PRO - AT Max - Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the relay switch first.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
s.c.shooter said:
Check the relay switch first.

AC is working, it was a bad blower motor......

I had already replaced the relay and power module.....

mikeofaustin

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2008
Detector(s) used
dfx
One of the reasons I love the older vehicles is that they don't have all this computer crap in them. If it were a 72 truck, you'd be able to simple swap out the blower motor an be done with it.

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mikeofaustin said:
One of the reasons I love the older vehicles is that they don't have all this computer crap in them. If it were a 72 truck, you'd be able to simple swap out the blower motor an be done with it.

Totally agree Mike, $98 for the motor, but getting to where it was located was a major pain in the you know where....

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH, Glad to hear yuh got it fixed.... :thumbsup:

Wife hit a deer Wed evening.. our 05 Grand Caravan... Knocked out the RF Headlight, Fender, And some plastic... Adjuster shows up yesterday $1500 Damage... Fender $75, Headlight $75 .... Junk yard prices here... Wonder where they get there Info.. I may do the work Myself...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread