GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pulled out of my driveway to go detecting yesterday, really looking forward to it, turn on my airconditioner, :icon_scratch: hummm, nothing happening...... Check the fuse, see it is blown, go to autoparts store buy a new one, replace it thinking I am on the road.....NOooo, still nothing happening. Pull the power module replace it, awww, start the engine and be on my way, now I can hit the road, Noooooo, still nothing happening.....

I can feel cold air when I put my hand to the vents, but nothing is blowing out..... By this time I am soaking wet from the heat, PO, and frustrated.....I know the blower motor needs to be replaced but I don't have the money or the patience to do it then, I am soaking wet with sweat, and it is hot as h3ll...... :BangHead: GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.....

I go home and decide to wait till the wife gets off work at 2pm and I will take her car and go hunt some parks.....Wife gets home at 4:15pm, intense thunderstorm blows in at 4:20pm, lots of lighting and rain for the next couple hours..... >:( :BangHead:

So I sit at home and read about other people's finds...... :'(

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
In my 12 years of driving I've never had a car with AC. It sucks but it's easy to manage without.
By the way I used to live in Winter Park, which is next to Orlando.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
relichunters, I know what you mean.. I use WD65 and that seems to work pretty well.

WD65 - Windows down, doing 65 :thumbsup: :laughing7:

PI PETE

Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
Excal_1000 / Whites VX3 / Shadow 2-Troy / & Infinium L-S/Garrett / AT GOLD
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Treasure Hunter,

I have a nissan 2000 quest mini van - If you can feel cold A/C but the fans not blowing I think the Resistor is out.

My fan speed 123 was not working but 4 would. I went to the autoparts store and bought the Haynes Repair Mannual and replaced the resistor that it stared up again after two years of telling myself I was going to fix it. I have had the A/C back in commision so far. I went ahead and bought a new motor because running it on speed four for the last few years without the lower speeds has worn it out. Just have to find the time to put it in and it's too Hot!

Good Luck

I am not a mechanic - just a fellow THunter that tries to fix the car on my own when I can figure it out.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
relichunters, I know what you mean.. I use WD65 and that seems to work pretty well.

WD65 - Windows down, doing 65 :thumbsup: :laughing7:
Spart, Down here We Call it*** 2-70 A/C *** 2 windows down, 70 mph :tongue3:

Treasure_Hunter, What Vehicle do you have?

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detector Van is a 2002 Chrysler Town and Country 3.3L.......I have already replaced the fuse, relay, and the AC power module which includes the resistor, only thing left is the blower motor....

Relic Hunters I am in Winter Park almost daily with my work......I was born and raised in Florida, I don't go anywhere with out AC.... :laughing7:

I will have to get the AC fixed soon so I can go hunting again, I'm not driving around with it 97 and heat index of 103, not a lot of breeze when your using WD20-30.........

relichunters

Bronze Member
May 4, 2008
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro
Treasure_Hunter said:
Relic Hunters I am in Winter Park almost daily with my work......I was born and raised in Florida, I don't go anywhere with out AC.... :laughing7:

Awesome I lived on Lake Kilarney, and the road was Lake Drive.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Detector Van is a 2002 Chrysler Town and Country 3.3L.......I have already replaced the fuse, relay, and the AC power module which includes the resistor, only thing left is the blower motor....

I will have to get the AC fixed soon so I can go hunting again, I'm not driving around with it 97 and heat index of 103, not a lot of breeze when your using WD20-30.........
That van probly has Rear A/C?

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check on the internet, there is a code you can punch into the HVAC system and it will go through a series of checks. The code is something crazy by pushing several buttons to activate it. Hh, Mike

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Americans = sooooo pampered! :tongue3:

We Brit's (and abroad) just scotch tape a long piece of copper wire to the top of our heads and trailing the ground..and go out in the storms! ;D

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorhunter78 said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

That van probly has Rear A/C?

Yes it has rear a/c, the blower only works on high and it does not cool off the front of the fan at all..... Front fan was only working on high, but it didnt matter to me because it was at least working....From what I could find out from research on internet, when fan only works on high it was suppose to be the power module and the resistor built into it... I replaced the power module Saturday, rear a/c fan still only working on high, front fan not at all.....

Jeep

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2008
32°46′58″N 96°48′14″W
Detector(s) used
My other detector is a helicopter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chrysler AC, :tongue3:

I had the same problem in my Jeep, (made by Chrysler,lol) and even though it is full of the old AMC parts,
as part of the new design (97) it had the updated 134 chrysler AC system.
Worked fine for about ten years and then I was leaving Houston @ about 100 degrees outside when it went out, it was a long, hot, wet ride home :laughing7:

Took it apart and it looked like they used low voltage speaker wire to wire that thing, the switch was burned,
the resistor was toast and the blower motor looked like it just came back from a combat tour of the desert.

I bought an aftermarket 4 speed switch, new wire and added a relay to each wire on the switch, connected that to the original connector to the resistor.

The blower motor was fine after cleaning, and everything has been working great with no overheating.

When I did a google search at the time it happened it seems like this was a problem for many years
with chrysler involving all models.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this on You tube....... This is worth checkin out... To fix yer A/C..[youtube=425,350][/youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AS2mVNV2NFk#t=0s

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, but I have already replaced the power module which holds the resistor which is what the video shows, only thing left is the blower motor...

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:

good grief, I get more speed from my bicycle, and air too :laughing9:

I hope it's not your compressor.. That is costly

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
Thanks, but I have already replaced the power module which holds the resistor which is what the video shows, only thing left is the blower motor...
Hope yuh Get it.. I had problems last year with my 05 Grand Caravan... But one of the coolant lines for the rear A/C had a hole rubbed in the line... Aluminum lines, About $200... Once I found the hole I cut the line and repaired it with a compression fitting... Now the Daggum Compressor sounds like a Valve Chattering... Compressor is around $300...

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
people who drive cars in florida in the summer time without A/C really like to suffer * or are very very broke. --- nothing like july and august in florida without A/C---- the only bad thing about A/C is it let the yankees live in florida year round * once their "vacation" homes in florida became A/C ed they went from seasonal visitors to residents.

once you become "used" to A / C seems you can not do with out it. --- as florida cops know when the weather gets the hottest the murder rates go up.-- cranky overheated poor folks with no A/C snap --or as they fight on what temp they can "afford" the A/ C to be set at. --(him) we can not afford all that A/C cost woman --( her) your at the air conditioned office all day --I'm hot --leave it be -- no --bang (well at least the jails got A/C)

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Treasure_Hunter said:

good grief, I get more speed from my bicycle, and air too :laughing9:

I hope it's not your compressor.. That is costly

Spart, the speed is due to the traffic, van has no problem with speed, if the stupid vehicles in front of me would get out of the way..................

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ivan salis said:
people who drive cars in florida in the summer time without A/C really like to suffer * or are very very broke. --- nothing like july and august in florida without A/C---- the only bad thing about A/C is it let the yankees live in florida year round * once their "vacation" homes in florida became A/C ed they went from seasonal visitors to residents.

once you become "used" to A / C seems you can not do with out it. --- as florida cops know when the weather gets the hottest the murder rates go up.-- cranky overheated poor folks with no A/C snap --or as they fight on what temp they can "afford" the A/ C to be set at. --(him) we can not afford all that A/C cost woman --( her) your at the air conditioned office all day --I'm hot --leave it be -- no --bang (well at least the jails got A/C)
You got that right Ivan! :headbang: When we moved into our new home in 05 I had to all but hold myself at gunpoint, To make myself go outside... I am Ruined by my A/C, That is why I love the night life... 7pm til 10am is my favorite summer time.... When it gets into the 90's so humid yuh can't breath the A/C is like medication.... Course thats 1000 miles north of FL...

I have been to FL twice in my life and don't care if I come back.... No Offense, just too Dang Hot for my Likin.. Maybe if it is cooler during the winter months I will make a visit to family....

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorhunter78 said:
ivan salis said:

You got that right Ivan! :headbang: When we moved into our new home in 05 I had to all but hold myself at gunpoint, To make myself go outside... I am Ruined by my A/C, That is why I love the night life... 7pm til 10am is my favorite summer time.... When it gets into the 90's so humid yuh can't breath the A/C is like medication.... Course thats 1000 miles north of FL...

I have been to FL twice in my life and don't care if I come back.... No Offense, just too Dang Hot for my Likin.. Maybe if it is cooler during the winter months I will make a visit to family....

From Oct through about Apri/May weather is real nice.......95% of the winter days you can wear shorts and tee-shirt......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread