mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I know of a place where there used to be a Indian Village. What do you think I could find there. I have talked to the land owner and it has been in his family for 100 yrs. He told me no detector has been in this field. There has been people that has walked it and found arrow heads. Do anyone think it be a good place to detect. I know his crop is still on the field right now. I have been trying to get in this field for the last couple of years. But his crops is still in the field when the snow starts to fly. So guys/gals do you think this is a good place to detect. I think this would be a great place for arrow heads and pottery but I don't know about metal items or coins. Input please......Mat

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know till you do it. Might as well give it a shot and look for some arrow heads while you are at it.

HuntNdig

Oct 6, 2011
North Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe not coins, but you could have a good shot at some pretty nice jewelry and other relics! I would say it is definitely worth a shot!

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
baywalker said:
Whats the question :dontknow:

Jonnie

The question is "What do you think I could find", but without a question mark, but we assume that that is in fact the question. One thing is for certain, without question, the answer is treasure. Is it not.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By all means take the detector out. Not familiar with your part of the country, but if it's an historic site, then trade was going on with the Europeans, which will involve metal artifacts.

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola
I have a site with pottery everywhere, have only found 1 arrowhead there but lots of musket balls n buttons! So yes by all means try it out really know telling what u may find.

Prairie Prowler

May 7, 2006
Midwest ILL
Detector(s) used
Fisher1266-/ CZ-20 / Sovereign XS/Excalibur II / Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True you wont know until you detect it...I have a friend whose house was & property was on an old village & they cherry-picked over 800+ points.. several axe heads (stone ) ..along with copper bells( Crotal )some brass beads..& odd shaped copper pieces.. tools ? or trade items expect the unexpected....Good luck)

U

umrgolf

definitely bring the detector.. throughout history, cultures have always re-used earlier campsites :icon_thumleft:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Nothing to loose, like $200, Sorry about that just couldn't controll it. And the prospect of some nice finds both metal and otherwise. Frank

Joe(TX)

Aug 21, 2008
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Old School
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
....depends on the age of the Indian Village....A few years ago I visited my Aunt in Tennessee....her next door neighbor told me that he owned a corn field which use to be the site of a large Indian Village .......lots of Indian artifacts such as arrowheads could be found especially if one searched visually right after a rain shower..............turns out that the Indian Village dated to around 2500 years ago.....so that was the reason that I turned up no metal at all except for a piece or two off the farmer's tractor..........JT

buzzgator

Nov 15, 2006
Detector(s) used
Nautilus DMC-IIBa/Tesoro Cibola
Not saying its the case where you were Joe but almost every site I have ever been on has been multi component. If it was a nice place to live 10,000 years ago it was prolly nice 5k ago and today as well. My best arrowhead site has everything from trans paleo to historic artifacts. There was a grist mill a tavern and 2 homesites all on this beautiful village site. You never know what you might find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread